Any one heard of the new M62 coming out?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #121  
That M5-111 is in a totally different class, from the 3pt. system to the cab it focus' more on creature comforts while maintaining the same level of performance. Just to compare the M5 is lighter than the M62, however, I understand kubota does make a backhoe you can put on the back of the M5. Which backhoe it is I don't know. The M62's FEL is bigger than the M5 but can lift higher than the M62. So yeah it's a cloudy comparison to say the least. The only thing I know is that 12' bushhog on the back would really nice if it would ever stop raining.

Maybe I could buy some goats to help with keeping the field cut? I'm afraid they'll start eating your tractor if they run out of grass...

Wormwood

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #122  
Ya it's definitely a strange comparison :D Funny part is, I don't even really need a backhoe, I just need more front end loader capacity, and a few more hp at the pto is never a bad thing for running a stumpgrinder. If the M62 had a factory cab (or the M5 had HST) this would be an easy decision!

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #123  
Hey Matt, I was looking at all the attachments & implements, regarding your grapple who is the mfg. Also did Kubota ever offer one for your tractor? I'm curious about a grapple on the M62 since I installed the thumb on the backhoe, it's got me thinking...

I need a sprayer first, it's about to be misquito season with all the standing water we have right now...

Wormwood

A BX25 with electric breaker attachment :laughing:
image.jpeg

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #124  
There is nothing more useful on a tractor than a FEL grapple in my opinion. I sort of just "assume" everyone has one already :D However, if you don't, you are definitely going to be happy you started thinking about it...

To answer your question, I have a 64" grapple made by WR LONG. It is the model OBG-II. If I upgrade to an M62 I will keep my grapple and use it on the new tractor, but if I was buying new, I would look at the specs on a slightly heavier duty model. Only reason is because mine is rated to lift 2500 lbs (although I'm confident it can go far beyond that) and with the 3000 lbs or so of lift capacity of the M62, and the 500lb weight of the grapple, it would be right at max. They also have an OBG-1 grapple that I'd look at, but also check out the Everything Attachments grapple. Those seem to be a great bang for the buck.

I never looked into a Kubota specific model because anything they do sell is probably made by another manufacturer anyways. My FEL has the Kubota specific pin on quick attach system (not skid steer and WR Long made my grapple to fit that system. I have no complaints and have put it through the paces for sure.

Regarding the M62 operators platform....Is there enough room to the left of the operators seat, where a small child would be able to stand or rig up some sort of little seat for them to ride along? I know that there are a lot of opinions on having kids on a tractor but I'm only looking for some thoughts on whether they would fit there or not. There is no room on my L4610 and my son has to sit on my lap when going for a ride. I'd like for him to be able to stand or have some sort of seat next to me if possible, like I used to do when my dad brought me along.

Does anyone have a photo that shows the operator seat and the space next to, and behind it? I'm curious how much "room" there really is there. Seems like there can't be too much based on the size of the machine?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #125  
There is nothing more useful on a tractor than a FEL grapple in my opinion. I sort of just "assume" everyone has one already :D However, if you don't, you are definitely going to be happy you started thinking about it...

To answer your question, I have a 64" grapple made by WR LONG. It is the model OBG-II. If I upgrade to an M62 I will keep my grapple and use it on the new tractor, but if I was buying new, I would look at the specs on a slightly heavier duty model. Only reason is because mine is rated to lift 2500 lbs (although I'm confident it can go far beyond that) and with the 3000 lbs or so of lift capacity of the M62, and the 500lb weight of the grapple, it would be right at max. They also have an OBG-1 grapple that I'd look at, but also check out the Everything Attachments grapple. Those seem to be a great bang for the buck.

I never looked into a Kubota specific model because anything they do sell is probably made by another manufacturer anyways. My FEL has the Kubota specific pin on quick attach system (not skid steer and WR Long made my grapple to fit that system. I have no complaints and have put it through the paces for sure.

Regarding the M62 operators platform....Is there enough room to the left of the operators seat, where a small child would be able to stand or rig up some sort of little seat for them to ride along? I know that there are a lot of opinions on having kids on a tractor but I'm only looking for some thoughts on whether they would fit there or not. There is no room on my L4610 and my son has to sit on my lap when going for a ride. I'd like for him to be able to stand or have some sort of seat next to me if possible, like I used to do when my dad brought me along.

Does anyone have a photo that shows the operator seat and the space next to, and behind it? I'm curious how much "room" there really is there. Seems like there can't be too much based on the size of the machine?

Not saying I have not had a kid or two on my tractor, but I run slow and always consider the situation of a passenger getting under a wheel.
Usually the rider was in back of me holding on to each other and in the BH platform with the BH swing locked. If not I was moving at a snails pace. Standing by you feet, a child could slip off the tractor and end up under the rear tire. I also would give a kid and my dog a ride in the carry all of my little tractor.
Riding on the operator platform, you should consider configuring a buddy seat and seat belt. The M62 platform has decent room. I've seen it at the dealer.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #126  
Riding on the operator platform, you should consider configuring a buddy seat and seat belt. The M62 platform has decent room. I've seen it at the dealer.

Thanks Mike, I would certainly rig up some sort of buddy seat if room allows, and it sounds like there is probably enough room for it. I need to go see one in person to get a feel for it.

Last edited:
   / Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #127  
I know Kubota doesn't list the loader as "detachable" like most standard tractors, but assuming you put quick disconnects on the hydraulics, is there any reason you couldn't easily remove the loader?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #128  
I know Kubota doesn't list the loader as "detachable" like most standard tractors, but assuming you put quick disconnects on the hydraulics, is there any reason you couldn't easily remove the loader?

If you had another tractor, you could hammer out the 4 pins and remove the loader, the loader posts would stay. You would have to support the Lift cylinders or have way to hook them to the frame.

Easy? Not Really. That front end would be really light also.

I'm rebuilding my L39, and taking the loader fame off and apart was not real easy or real hard, but I'd never take it off if I didn't need too
Removing the bucket off is easy.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #130  
Yup, that's it. I have to say it looks about as nice as any aftermarket cab could be, but it's far from a factory cab!

I wonder if it would fit an M59? I don't see why not?

It does look good though compared to other aftermarket options. I would say if it was priced in the 4K dollar range it would be a good seller.

However, that cab cost $8,500 including heat. No AC.

This M62 really seems like a winner in my book for what I'd like it for. My biggest reservations were no cab, and no buddy seat. I brought my son to sit on one with me at the dealer, and we tried out the seating arrangement and found that there would be plenty of space for a homemade buddy seat.

I got a quote that knocked me to the floor and crushed all my dreams of the M62.

Including a cab, it was an astonishing $81,500!!!!! That was straight from my dealer.