Any one heard of the new M62 coming out?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #131  
Romans Outdoor Power

There are some at machinerytrader for sale online. Seems prices are $60k. $21k is ridiculous for that cab.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #132  
I finally got ~45 hrs. and a 100% clogged filter. The alert to clean the filter came on just like it said and I monkeyed with the various controls for 5 mins. trying to get the thing into regeneration! Turns out you have to REALLY crank up the rpms. Somewhere around 2,500. (my L3901 was lower & not nearly as loud) The M62 sounds like you're staged at a dragstrip. Judging by the looks I got, others will wonder if your thottle cable is stuck and after they realize it's not, they'll figure you're just an @$$h*!€ trying to make noise.

It really got me down there for a minute, I just sat there in the shade while it did it's thing. Then after 4-5 minutes, I heard it make a hiccup. I looked at the dash and the filter was at 0% and no longer flashing regeneration. The whole thing lasted maybe 6 minutes from rev-up to finished! Ya know... I wish my wife had one of those PF gauge on her forehead to let me know when she's going into regen. :laughing: :laughing:

I can say you'll wanna to raise the FEL away from the blow torch exhaust and just park it in the shade on gravel or dirt. Grass will ignite so something like bushhogging... um no. I know they say don't regen. around combustibles, but I consider those things like gunpowder, gasoline, and LP. I had to realign my understanding to include things like rubber, grass, dog poop, or pretty much anything except water.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 175
   / Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #133  
Sorry Piston, that Curtis cab shouldn't be considered, even if it did have A/C... the M62 simply isn't going to have a factory cab. They'd have to do some serious re engineering to get a cab that could be heated, cooled, and didn't fog up the windows. It lacks the enviromental separation that's designed in from the beginning anything less is a bandaid fix that's way overpriced.

It's aggravating for me as well, I rented a Komatsu for my dozer operator I thought it was an open cab, nope, it's a full cab with A/C!!! That's okay, I just keep pulling the A/C fuse :). I tell him that A/C burns too much diesel. He keeps bringing replacement fuses to work everyday. I gotta save money any way I can, it was 95 today!

Steve

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #135  
   / Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #137  
Sorry Piston, that Curtis cab shouldn't be considered, even if it did have A/C... the M62 simply isn't going to have a factory cab. They'd have to do some serious re engineering to get a cab that could be heated, cooled, and didn't fog up the windows. It lacks the enviromental separation that's designed in from the beginning anything less is a bandaid fix that's way overpriced.

It's aggravating for me as well, I rented a Komatsu for my dozer operator I thought it was an open cab, nope, it's a full cab with A/C!!! That's okay, I just keep pulling the A/C fuse :). I tell him that A/C burns too much diesel. He keeps bringing replacement fuses to work everyday. I gotta save money any way I can, it was 95 today!

Steve
Hi Steve

You posted a few notes re: your M62 (2016). I wanted to ask if you are still happy with your purchase? I am considering buying one, a new 2016 model with 11.2 hrs that I am able to get a great price on. It is the last unit this dealer has and is offering me a great deal. Wondered if you have had any issues with it? Anything you have done to make it operate better?, etc..

Would appreciate any input. Mine would be simply for personal use and the occasional job that might come up. I looked at the L47 and did not like how small rear tires are in it.

Hector

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #138  
Hi Steve

You posted a few notes re: your M62 (2016). I wanted to ask if you are still happy with your purchase? I am considering buying one, a new 2016 model with 11.2 hrs that I am able to get a great price on. It is the last unit this dealer has and is offering me a great deal. Wondered if you have had any issues with it? Anything you have done to make it operate better?, etc..

Would appreciate any input. Mine would be simply for personal use and the occasional job that might come up. I looked at the L47 and did not like how small rear tires are in it.

Hector

Dunno bout Steve, but we love our M62. We got it August 2017 and already broke 500hrs. We wouldnt trade it. We have used our rotary cutter, tiller, back hoe, grapple, backhoe, etc.

Check out some of the stuff we done with it here http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/384629-having-blast-our-new-m62.html

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #139  
A little over 350 hours coming up on it's 2 years old & the honeymoon is over between me & my M62, it's got dings & scratches all over it and it's in dire need of a bath. I think it performs better with the neglect though. Anyway, I run a landpride 12' batwing on 65 acres, have 2" spacers on the rears, also run a 48" Bradco trencher, a land leveler, single spindle bushhog, auger, a piece of crap sprayer from tractor supply, & a buffalo turbine blower. I only wish for a cab with heat & AC but it simply won't happen. the only thing they could change is the outriggers, they're a little too short. Since I have the 2" spacers on the wheels, the outriggers only take the weight of the axles, well they might widen the stance 6" more inches but that about it. Performance wise, I don't even mind the emissions crap because the M62 makes up for the hassle with its abilities, & even then I understand the Canada diesel shops can get around the emissions, if that's your thing....

Wormwood

Oh & nope I haven't had any issues, kinda feel like I wasted my money buying the service manual because I haven't needed it yet... the backhoe has got to be the claim to fame with it. I can put the 12" trenching bucket on & dig to china if I wanted to. I live in Arkansas, you won't see any videos demonstrating a tractor in Arkansas because the ground around hear is miserable. The M62 can cope with all the quartz, shale, clay, & hardwoods. I'd post some pictures but they all post upside down...

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #140  
While asking about what everyone thought of M62, I failed to mention the one I am looking at has no hydraulics. They want an outrageous amount for me to get a unit with hydraulics. I never had them on my small L2900 n think I can live without them. As mentioned, I think I am getting a great deal on a new basic unit for about $55k. I was also told there is absolutely no difference between a 2016 model n a 2017 n 2018 model. Therefore, not sure why I would pay more for a 2017 or 2018.

I have heard a few people mention the outriggers are a bit short n was also hoping current users were fairly unanimous in saying they like everything about the tractor. I hope the outrigger issue is not a big deal. I also called local mechanic n he indicated he has yet to see one come in for any kind of service.

I am just a bit apprehensive about the purchase, given the high dollar n possible limited use I will have on the machine. However, I found only a $7k difference between the L47 n the M62 n would prefer to have the larger unit. Any other thoughts would be great to get current users perspective.

H