Any one heard of the new M62 coming out?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #11  
The cab is a huge step in the right direction. But I'm sure they'll price themselves into a corner. There needs to be more brand competition in this segment.
The M59 already tipped the scales I'm sure a full optioned M62 will be in the range of a small Case or Terex.
Matt

I agree; more competition couldn't hurt. IMHO, near-industrial capabiility coupled with medium size and maneuverability is the new niche market. It might even be a view into construction's future. Just look at all the tiny track loaders on the market. Yep, everything in that market is going to be expensive for awhile - probably a long while. But it's a market where people are willing to spend for capability because they have no choice. We're just lucky to have the M59 to set the standard. It's a serious contender right from the start.

On the cab. Well, I'd love to have one for winter and summer both. But honestly I gotta say that for most of the work I do....in close & tight to buildings or trees or both.....I just hate what I'm about to say here & now, but it needs saying - that unfortunately most of that real close work really does go better from an open cab. OK, there, I said it.
So I'd still like to have a cab, but it would have to be an unusual cab that was able to be opened up for close-in work. Maybe something with removeable panels/windows?
Luck,
rScotty

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #12  
I agree; more competition couldn't hurt. IMHO, near-industrial capabiility coupled with medium size and maneuverability is the new niche market. It might even be a view into construction's future. Just look at all the tiny track loaders on the market. Yep, everything in that market is going to be expensive for awhile - probably a long while. But it's a market where people are willing to spend for capability because they have no choice. We're just lucky to have the M59 to set the standard. It's a serious contender right from the start.

On the cab. Well, I'd love to have one for winter and summer both. But honestly I gotta say that for most of the work I do....in close & tight to buildings or trees or both.....I just hate what I'm about to say here & now, but it needs saying - that unfortunately most of that real close work really does go better from an open cab. OK, there, I said it.
So I'd still like to have a cab, but it would have to be an unusual cab that was able to be opened up for close-in work. Maybe something with removeable panels/windows?
Luck,
rScotty

Well, it looks like from the limited pics released that it would be removable glass panels. I'm really interested to see the pricing, I'm figuring low $70's.

Matt

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #13  
Well, it looks like from the limited pics released that it would be removable glass panels. I'm really interested to see the pricing, I'm figuring low $70's.
Matt

Maybe not quite that much, unless really optioned out, but still, from the cost, I'd better take real good care of my tiny fleet for the rest of my tractoring days.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #15  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcF-nk0NF7A

I think this is the new competition, I'm surprised Kubota didn't add a/c for their cab

I really like that.Those features are incredible, but at 13,300lb its a brute.

I just learned about the m62 and came here for info. I'm due for an upgrade and this will be the ticket. Do we know if its a cab with ac? Thats my main concern.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #16  
Also if you look at the laurin cab for the m59, and blow up the pic Kubota put out without glass, the lines of the frame are almost the same

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #17  
Re: Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? 3CX is not same class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcF-nk0NF7A

I think this is the new competition, I'm surprised Kubota didn't add a/c for their cab

JCB 3CX is not same class with M62, really nothing is.
3 CX in a heavy, industial and urban municipal full featured expensive machine that may only have place a large farm(Corporate type) as the indusrial material handler, dirt mover.
You will not see many 3CX's on farms, more likely an old CASE TLB.
However:
M62 can pretend to be a ag. tractor, not very well, but it can.
It can pretend to be a real TLB, and many times it will get away with it.
M62 could use larger front axle and tire and have a bit stronger serious loader, weight another 1,000 Lbs, etc. but overall it is one heck of a plus size Swiss Army Knife of a tractor for contractors, landcapers, and farmers who have to deal with rough land, digging, Logging, Land reclaim etc. using just one machine.
Actually the above holds true for the whole range of Kubota's TLB's.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #18  
I sell Case equipment, our main product is backhoes. I can tell you our smallest backhoe is a 74hp unit at 16,500lbs. With ROPS/Cab and standard features, its in the $60-$70K range. Its a fullsize backhoe, with all the fullsize dimensions.

Frankly, Kubota will have to price this thing in the sub $50K range to be competitive. Why would you take nearly a fullsize unit for $50k when you could have a fullsize unit for $60k?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #19  
I sell Case equipment, our main product is backhoes. I can tell you our smallest backhoe is a 74hp unit at 16,500lbs. With ROPS/Cab and standard features, its in the $60

I agree. And I love our Case 580 Super M!:thumbsup:

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #20  
You answered your own question. 1/2 the weight but 3/4 of the ability. Also I had a 2001 case 580l with cab/air and it weighed 14600lb.