Any one heard of the new M62 coming out?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #21  
Selling Price? new M62 coming out?

You answered your own question. 1/2 the weight but 3/4 of the ability. Also I had a 2001 case 580l with cab/air and it weighed 14600lb.

Kubota needs to stop pretending that it's fine to tow a M59/M62 with a 10,000 lb trailer, & 3/4 Ton PU, no CDL.
Just out of general principles, the DOT should pull you over and check you out to verify if you are squeaking by the rules.
Just add another, 1,000 lbs to the machine, with a bit more lift dig force capability, and you have an 85% capable TLB at 2/3 the weight, towable by a good 1 Ton and 12,000-15000LB rated gooseneck.
The PTO and 3PT with Cab will be sellable at approx. $60K only if it has Aux hydraulics front and rear with a thumb included to a sizeable niche market. Over that, why bother Kubota?
PS
A 78" wide grapple bucket would be nice.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #23  
Re: Selling Price? new M62 coming out?

Kubota needs to stop pretending that it's fine to tow a M59/M62 with a 10,000 lb trailer, & 3/4 Ton PU, no CDL.
Just out of general principles, the DOT should pull you over and check you out to verify if you are squeaking by the rules.
Just add another, 1,000 lbs to the machine, with a bit more lift dig force capability, and you have an 85% capable TLB at 2/3 the weight, towable by a good 1 Ton and 12,000-15000LB rated gooseneck.
The PTO and 3PT with Cab will be sellable at approx. $60K only if it has Aux hydraulics front and rear with a thumb included to a sizeable niche market. Over that, why bother Kubota?
PS
A 78" wide grapple bucket would be nice.

Where did kubota advocate for a 10k trailer?

I pull mine with a 14k bp with a 17k weight distribution hitch. More than adequate, and within my f350's towing specs, and far from the need of a cdl, just a medical card. I read the weight of the m62 will be 8950lb, still very capable to be towed with any modern 3/4 ton and far from needing a cdl.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #24  
How did they get by without using a DPF and DEF?

One of the enabling technologies that help reduce particulate matter (PM), in addition to combustion chamber design, is high-pressure common rail fuel injection. “Higher rail pressure reduces particulate matter emissions from the cylinder so there is no need for a particulate filter,” says Tommy Sjberg, Product Sales Manager at Scania, based in Sweden. “Without a DPF there is no downtime needed for maintenance or cleaning (regeneration). Since there is no downtime, this allows for higher productivity.”

I found this in an article, saying some fuel rails reach 36,000 psi. Thats major pressure and can only imagine what a failure would be like.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #25  

I've never seen them imply this. Its more trailer friendly than many, but you won't get away with a 10k trailer. The L45 can even be over in some configurations depending on your interpretation of the legal GVW.

Frankly, Kubota will have to price this thing in the sub $50K range to be competitive. Why would you take nearly a fullsize unit for $50k when you could have a fullsize unit for $60k?

The M59 was mid 50's and sold quite well. Its a different tractor than a Case TLB, for instance it Hydrostatic and has a 3pt hitch & PTO. We also sell full size TLB's and I don't really see them as competing with each other.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #26  
It does not say a 10,000 pound trailer, but page one of the current TLB brochure says:

"Kubota makes transporting simple. The L45 tractor, loader and backhoe weigh in at approximately 3,265 kg/7200 pounds, which means this ideal package can be towed with a standard G (class 5) license."

Says nothing about a 10,000 pound trailer or the M series being towed with a g license.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #27  

Where did kubota advocate for a 10k trailer?

I pull mine with a 14k bp with a 17k weight distribution hitch. More than adequate, and within my f350's towing specs, and far from the need of a cdl, just a medical card. I read the weight of the m62 will be 8950lb, still very capable to be towed with any modern 3/4 ton and far from needing a cdl.

Your doing fine with the F350 and 17K hitch.
Still, 8950 Lbs. is bare machine. Add for Cab loaded tires hydraulics Thumb and other stuff it will go another 1500- 2000 lbs. now carry any attachments, and figure the wt. of the trailer.
it gets heavy fast.
PS
My little underpowered but hydraulically strong L39 with wheel weights (Tires not loaded), small front end weight Thumb and a few other reinforcements, tool box, etc. weighs #8100 Lbs, 8,300 with Plow or Grapple.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #28  
This 10,000 lb trailer stuff I believe started years ago when Steve Carver use to advertise heavily and the "basic" L 48 sans any options could possibly be towed with a 3/4 ton pick up and 10K trailer. I maybe wrong that it was Carver , but, it was definately someone with a dealership back in 2001 /2002 era.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #29  
JCB 3CX is not same class with M62, really nothing is. 3 CX in a heavy, industial and urban municipal full featured expensive machine that may only have place a large farm(Corporate type) as the indusrial material handler, dirt mover. You will not see many 3CX's on farms, more likely an old CASE TLB. However: M62 can pretend to be a ag. tractor, not very well, but it can. It can pretend to be a real TLB, and many times it will get away with it. M62 could use larger front axle and tire and have a bit stronger serious loader, weight another 1,000 Lbs, etc. but overall it is one heck of a plus size Swiss Army Knife of a tractor for contractors, landcapers, and farmers who have to deal with rough land, digging, Logging, Land reclaim etc. using just one machine. Actually the above holds true for the whole range of Kubota's TLB's.

I liked that 3cx compact. But without a pto it a no go. You know the 3cx compact is quite a it smaller than the full size 3cx. But still much bigger than the m62.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #30  
not much info/pics out there yet on the m62. Really like to see the cab pics.