Grading Anybody make any type of weight box to mount on box blade?

/ Anybody make any type of weight box to mount on box blade? #31  
I found a couple of truck brake drums fit nicely between braces on my box blade. Usually have all my chains stored in them. Drums are close to 100 lbs each and spare chains add up quick.

Attachments

• ED2A5244-D27E-49CE-8226-80C5F9EA9DA6.jpeg
    ED2A5244-D27E-49CE-8226-80C5F9EA9DA6.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 122
   / Anybody make any type of weight box to mount on box blade? #32  
KC, now that setup deserves a Rube Goldberg award of the month for ingenuity!! :thumbsup::laughing:

Thanks for the kind words, but the modification does not have an alarm clock nor a coffee maker, yet...

Another option is, when "JAWS" and the receiver extension is removed, the receiver can be unpinned and lowered to a normal horizontal position.

I tend to find myself somewhat in between Rube Goldberg and Red Green, but unknown if that's a good place to be...

JAWS was developed last summer for bucking up my logging truck full of 18' logs, see the pictures below:

KC

20190730_130326.jpg 20190730_134432_resized.jpg 20190801_125329.jpg

/ Anybody make any type of weight box to mount on box blade? #33  
I found a couple of truck brake drums fit nicely between braces on my box blade. Usually have all my chains stored in them. Drums are close to 100 lbs each and spare chains add up quick.

Nice additional weight, but from the pic it looks like those drums extend well down into the box area. Seems like that would interfere with filling the box fully with material when doing heavy grading. :scratchchin: As I've always understood it, the beauty of a box blade is that it works on the principle of chaos theory. Unless obstructed within the box, the material (e.g. crusher run or river run) randomly churns over and over itself, before being distributed evenly out under the rear cutting edge. I've always marveled at how they do that!

/ Anybody make any type of weight box to mount on box blade? #34  
Thanks for the kind words, but the modification does not have an alarm clock nor a coffee maker, yet...

Another option is, when "JAWS" and the receiver extension is removed, the receiver can be unpinned and lowered to a normal horizontal position.

I tend to find myself somewhat in between Rube Goldberg and Red Green, but unknown if that's a good place to be...

JAWS was developed last summer for bucking up my logging truck full of 18' logs, see the pictures below:

KC

View attachment 636736 View attachment 636737 View attachment 636738

Very impressive! "The Little Tractor That Could" :salute: :)

/ Anybody make any type of weight box to mount on box blade? #35  
>>>>>>>
This is never a bad place to be, as long as it works for you and is cheaper than other alternatives.

Remember... If the women don't find you handsome, let them find you handy... eh...

/ Anybody make any type of weight box to mount on box blade? #36  
Nice additional weight, but from the pic it looks like those drums extend well down into the box area. Seems like that would interfere with filling the box fully with material when doing heavy grading. :scratchchin: As I've always understood it, the beauty of a box blade is that it works on the principle of chaos theory. Unless obstructed within the box, the material (e.g. crusher run or river run) randomly churns over and over itself, before being distributed evenly out under the rear cutting edge. I've always marveled at how they do that!
I did lose some of the capacity of the box but it still seems to work. The only job it does nowadays is driveway gravel

/ Anybody make any type of weight box to mount on box blade?

Now that is thinking “ outside the box”.... well maybe inside the box, round inside the box, that is....

Great idea....those I could find at the junkyard!