Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL.

/ Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL. #21  
I can see why Ebay would degrade a dealership network. If dealership X is selling and shipping tractors all over the country, pricing them so low that they put other dealers out of business, warranty and service issues will arise. If I bought a tractor with shipping from Oregon and had a service issue, it would not be practical to think that either myself or the dealership would cover transportation for warranty or service work. Of course, me being picky and just computer literate enought to buy and sell on ebay, would get on the net screaming about how crappy the tractor is and how I got screwed by that tractor manufacture.

Which would be totally different if I bought from someone like Wallace. In that case the both of us would know about the distance issues up front and we'd work that out prior to the sale. Making a happy customer and happy dealer.

/ Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL. #22  
You do not have to tip off Kioti they do have computers...
I know all about ebay and selling Kioti.
I have driven down this road before and I got my hands slapped...No actually I was told that it must be remove before the end of the business day or.....well lets just say I removed it.
They are very strict when it comes to ebay.

So, Kioti is a great product although they restrict free trade? And, Kioti will allow their list prices to be posted in trade magazines, but a dealer isn't allowed to?

/ Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL. #23  
So, Kioti is a great product although they restrict free trade? And, Kioti will allow their list prices to be posted in trade magazines, but a dealer isn't allowed to?

I seem to recall kubota dealers getting in trouble for posting prices other than MSRP.

/ Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL. #24  
I doubt this was/is Kioti's doing. It is the dealers who whine to them complaining how they have to make a certain dollar on a particular item. I could be wrong but I've seen it before. You get enough dealers to start complaining and they take action. The action usually is what we saw happen on this Ebay listing.

/ Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL. #25  

Seems like a double standard, they want to operate under free trade rules where they can move around the world looking for the lowest cost labor and let the market dictate, but if a dealer uses the free market they chop em down. They must want it both ways I guess.:confused:

/ Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL. #26  
The tractor has been relisted. No BIN price is given, however. If anyone is
remotely interested in a new tractor and is not far from NH, they should
try to make a deal....

I do not see any legal way that the manufacturer can set a minimum price
for a dealer to sell his tractors. That was tried in the 70s with consumer
electronics (so-called "fair-trade") and declared illegal. That is not to say
that Kioti does not have some restrictive rules in the dealer contract to
try to work around that. Prob advertising restrictions. Wallace could tell us.

I also don't see how Kioti could void the warranties.....I have transferred
them, and there is no restriction or cost I could find.

/ Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL. #28  

Isn't this pretty much a universal policy? How many New John Deere's do you see advertised anywhere less than list price to include e-bay? When I was buying only phone calls and visits would work to get anything less than list regardless of the brand.

/ Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL. #29  
Isn't this pretty much a universal policy? How many New John Deere's do you see advertised anywhere less than list price to include e-bay? When I was buying only phone calls and visits would work to get anything less than list regardless of the brand.

Yes and no. The Kioti group seems to declare posting anywhere of any prices is a company policy no-no. I have seen John Deere, Kubota and Massey sale prices listed in the local paper.
Is it capitalism that turned buying bigger ticket items (cars, trucks, tractors) into a huge hush, hush world or just sales practices in general? I've been out truck shopping and having a difficult time getting a dealers bottom line pricing. They are still trying to get by with , "how much can you afford for a payment".

/ Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL. #30  
Kubota has a build it pricing right at their site. Really handy if one is considering the cost of their machines. Options included in pricing also. Does make them more open market minded to me. I still can't understand what the great secrety is about posting prices, advertisting prices. Just seems to be poor business practice. When you go into a store to purchase something, there the price is. Autos and trucks are advertisted in the paper, and TV with pricing. What's the big deal? People want to compare prices, options, warranties, features, etc. Then there is always bargaining room with the dealer.