Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL.

/ Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL. #31  
Hi Tlbuser,
I think I remember the magazine that compared list pricing of different manufacturers. If you read the footnote it said the prices may not be accurate because they were not supplied by Kioti. They were much higher than Kioti's prices. I am not sure where they got the pricing, but there was a fine print disclaimer.
In our aggreement we can publish pricing in our area of coverage(locally), but no dealer is to publish sale prices nationally or on the internet. This is to try and keep a level playing field for all the dealers . There is no MSRP stickers on the units like cars so you can compare item for item. Some dealers include more options or services with the sale than others. Some dealers will advertise a low ball price leader to draw traffic and then add everything from loading tires to delivery to bucket hooks and so on.
There used to be destination charges as well. Some dealers paid more fo freight than others. I guess I am just saying that there is no standard to maintain accurate price comparisons. This was the way it was set up by Kioti and every dealer agrees to abide by this section of their dealer aggreement.
Hope this helps.
KiotiDave

/ Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL. #32  
A litte insight into retail sales of "durable goods".

Each retailer is given (more accurately sold) an AOR (Area of Responsibility) or territory if you like.

Pricing and incentives can vary WIDLY from one area of the country to another. You can see this with automotive products easily "Residency restriction apply" etc., in print ads.

If I made widgits and sold FRANCHISES to TBN members and allowed one member, or a small group to purchase a large quantity of widgits at a reduced price it's all fair and legal because everyone enjoys the benefits of a "quantity discount".

What if a member of this small group who is YOUR competitor advertises HER widgits on FleaBay for less than what you paid for them? Then sells them to YOUR customers in your assigned territory? Who is THAT fair to? The gal that bought one from you yesterday at slightly less than retail, you, or the person who bought today for a bargin-basement price? Would you want to fix the widgit under warranty?

See, those business practices are typically not allowed in a franchise agreement and not really "fair" at all. It's also not fair trade or fair competition but market manipulation by a few for their own benefit, they don't care about the customer they will never have to see, trust me.

/ Anyone is considering a new DK40SE with FEL. #33  
that guy tried to sell it again on ebay, took it back off again,