Are Electric Power Co's Liable for Damage?

/ Are Electric Power Co's Liable for Damage?
Sorry if we got too carried away with the puns Ken. I really do hope that you get to the bottom of your power troubles. It will be interesting to find out what the real cause of your troubles is after it gets narrowed down.

Hopefully you enjoy the occasional humor that gets inserted into otherwise serious threads.

I do know that it is common for commercial electrical contractors to have power monitors that record actual voltage and amperages throughout a day. They can be connected to your incoming power one day and checked the next to see what exactly happened on each leg of your incoming power over the previous 24 hours. I have seen them used to isolate electrical anomolies in feeds for commercial buildings. It may not hurt to call on a commercial electrical contractor in your area to see if they could help document what exactly is not right with your incoming power. Maybe there is one you know that would be interested in bartering for a deal on some equipment you have laying around.

I enjoy the puns, keep them coming :) Ken Sweet

/ Are Electric Power Co's Liable for Damage? #42  
Years ago I used to use Dranetz power analyzers, which will give you proof of your power quality, and which direction the problem came from. You install it on your incoming line, and it will show every transient, surge, harmonic, etc... and which direction it came from. I haven't used one in years, but they can be rented.

/ Are Electric Power Co's Liable for Damage? #43  
Glad to hear that we didn't slaughter your thread too bad Ken.:thumbsup:

/ Are Electric Power Co's Liable for Damage? #45  
high power surges vs low power surges

ya need to be careful. there is a difference.

if ya get a cheap power strip for say your entertainment center (tv, stero, dvd player, etc...) or computer, monitor, printer, ya it will most like state surge protection on it. but it doesn't mean it will protect you from having low power or rather a brown out.

the same goes for battery backups for computers, and same goes for surge suppressors that might fit your your main electrical box.

everything also has different ratings in how much fluctuation there is in power for both to much and to low of power.

you can get whole house "line conditioners" and also "surge suppressors" when i looked back a few years ago. i tend to saw more items that deal with low power having statements of "line conditioners" in there details. and items that dealt with to much power with "surge suppressors" in the details.

/ Are Electric Power Co's Liable for Damage? #46  
After all this good input, he ought to to be able to steer them in the right direction.

/ Are Electric Power Co's Liable for Damage? #47  
I hope that the Powers That Be will help Ken out and not give him any Bovine Scat about his problem.

:D

Later,
Dan

/ Are Electric Power Co's Liable for Damage?
I have a "Beef" and they better MOOOve when I request assistance. In addition, I am not "shooting the bull" to keep him off they utility pole. Ken Sweet

/ Are Electric Power Co's Liable for Damage? #49  
can't wait to read PAST UR posts......