Arrogant dealer

/ Arrogant dealer #21  
I hesitated to post earlier (believe it or not :laughing:)...but for "future readers", I got a quote for the BX25D (tlb) from Barlow's (oft mentioned here) for $1K LESS than what the op purchased his JD for (back in Aug).

Delivered to my door here in GA.

Now keep in mind, that includes NO state tax...so do the math. Also, I didn't look around locally, as I didn't end up purchasing, and I would have had to weigh dealer-relations, etc. Buying a tractor just wasn't in the cards for me at the time.

That being said, Barlow's was GREAT to deal with, both via email and by phone. I hope any tractor buyer can say the same of the dealer they purchase from.

/ Arrogant dealer #22  
There is no way I would deal with that dealer after a comment like that. What would they be like if you needed something done under warranty. I would find another dealer.

The deck comes off a Kubota BX in under a minute;)

/ Arrogant dealer #23  
cosguy,
I suspect with all the flood damage the dealers in your locale have enough sales to be arrogant for now. Seems rather short sighted imo. Might drop down into New Mexico or the North Texas panhandle to make your purchase. Usually most machines won't need to go back to the dealer for service very often. My 110tlb had to go in once for warranty repairs in 8 years. I don't think I would not have any dealings with your problem dealer. I have had good service from South Plains and Dent & Rawls over the last 15 years.

/ Arrogant dealer #24  
And its hard to just go to another Deere dealer close by. Here the same name on 7 Dealerships in 3 County's.

For me it TEN stores with the same owner. The local dealer sold out about 4 years ago. Since then things have changed.

/ Arrogant dealer #25  
Now keep in mind, that includes NO state tax...so do the math. Also, I didn't look around locally, as I didn't end up purchasing, and I would have had to weigh dealer-relations, and the possible felony tax evasion charges, etc.

FIFY (fixed it for you) :laughing:

/ Arrogant dealer #26  
Why thank you. Thank god I didn't buy a tractor!!!

/ Arrogant dealer #27  
Why thank you. Thank god I didn't buy a tractor!!!

Sorry, that just had me chuckling :D

On a serious note, it appears states are moving towards actually enforcing those laws...ouch.

/ Arrogant dealer #28  
FIFY (fixed it for you) :laughing:

I hesitated to post earlier (believe it or not :laughing:)...but for "future readers", I got a quote for the BX25D (tlb) from Barlow's (oft mentioned here) for $1K LESS than what the op purchased his JD for (back in Aug).

Delivered to my door here in GA.

Now keep in mind, that includes NO state tax...so do the math. Also, I didn't look around locally, as I didn't end up purchasing, and I would have had to weigh dealer-relations, etc. Buying a tractor just wasn't in the cards for me at the time.

That being said, Barlow's was GREAT to deal with, both via email and by phone. I hope any tractor buyer can say the same of the dealer they purchase from.

Gman, you must have missed this part...I bolded it for you.

/ Arrogant dealer #29  
Sorry, that just had me chuckling :D

On a serious note, it appears states are moving towards actually enforcing those laws...ouch.

No problem, I've posted about the "tax" thing myself, in regards to buying from Barlows. Cheers.

/ Arrogant dealer #30  
Well I see nothing has changed since I looked at Deere, have to drive 50 miles one way and 80 the other to get past the local John Deere mega chain. I was looking at a puny utility tractor and not a big farm tractor so I did not count either.

All I can say is down with these super mega franchise dealers.

David Kb7uns