Attacking that power problem CT225

/ Attacking that power problem CT225 #171  
These comments regarding correct control and use of the hydro pedal have been instructive.

I wonder how many tractor owners have given up and sold perfectly capable tractors due to not grasping and practicing this concept?

/ Attacking that power problem CT225 #172  
Yeah. First thing I learned was to not let the wife drive off in the pickup before getting my hat out of it. It was August and I didn't have the sun shade on it yet. :fiery: :laughing:

I have found the canopy was one of the best things I have purchased for the Kioti. I still wear a hat, to swat horsefly's and such but the canopy sure works except in the early morning and the late afternoon.

/ Attacking that power problem CT225 #173  
These comments regarding correct control and use of the hydro pedal have been instructive.

I wonder how many tractor owners have given up and sold perfectly capable tractors due to not grasping and practicing this concept?

It wouldn't surprise me. We have had a guy or two ask about how the telescoping lower links actually did for them.. They had never used them. They just hooked up the old familiar way. Kick and knock and cuss.

/ Attacking that power problem CT225 #174  

More than a few I imagine. I found the Bobcat manual to be annoying to read as for every paragraph of actual information there was a half-page of dire warnings about loss of limb or life if used improperly. I certainly didn't learn about the proper way to use the hydro pedal by reading the manual the night before we trailer it up to near the property. Thank goodness for this site.

/ Attacking that power problem CT225 #175  
Perhaps, living in New Mexico, you need to invest in 2 or perhaps 3 hats and keep one in the garage? :)
The tractor barn does have extra hats in it unfortunately I was 7 miles away driving the tractor to the property for the first time. :)

/ Attacking that power problem CT225 #176  
I have never operated a CT225, but my Kioti DK35se (I think that would be a CT335) will spin the tires on solid ground in Low AND Med range. Of course it wont do it in High range. This is with my ballast barrel on the back, and with fluid loaded rear tires, so I am not hurting for traction either. Test your rig when you get it, push into a solid immovable object in Lo and Med and see what happens. I use my gravel pile.

Got it yesterday.. Seems like lots of power to me. I was spinning the tires a little too often in my opinion, but I have no rear weight or loaded tires.
I had a blast with it. The only problem was time.. I didn't have enough. Ha:thumbsup:

/ Attacking that power problem CT225 #177  
More than a few I imagine. I found the Bobcat manual to be annoying to read as for every paragraph of actual information there was a half-page of dire warnings about loss of limb or life if used improperly. I certainly didn't learn about the proper way to use the hydro pedal by reading the manual the night before we trailer it up to near the property. Thank goodness for this site.

I thought the same thing as I went through mine.. It looks like an example where the lawyers, perhaps, had a little too much input...
No offense intended for you lawyers out there.

/ Attacking that power problem CT225 #178  
I have a 225 and while it is not a powerhouse. It does fine. The only time I struggle is when using a rotary cutter in think grass on steep hills. I have to use low range. It is fine for dirt work and all other jobs.