ATV advice

/ ATV advice #111  
I love my Suzuki Kingquads, I had an KQ500AXi with powersteering 2009 that got smashed by a tree with 400h and 4k miles on it. Now I have a replacement KQ 750 2022 with just a few hundred miles on it. They might not be the most innovative , most HP or exciting. But for a utility quad, it sure is reliable....no fuss with it............ever.

/ ATV advice #112  
I love my Suzuki Kingquads, I had an KQ500AXi with powersteering 2009 that got smashed by a tree with 400h and 4k miles on it. Now I have a replacement KQ 750 2022 with just a few hundred miles on it. They might not be the most innovative , most HP or exciting. But for a utility quad, it sure is reliable....no fuss with it............ever.
I love reviews like this. Work is all we do with ours.

Last edited:
   / ATV advice #113  
9100 miles now on my 2006 Yamaha Kodiak 450 that I bought new in 2006. That thing has seen some country, survived 3 hellacious rollovers, and done some work! Other than tires and batteries every few years all I've needed to do is replace the stator. 17 years of good times!
IMG_0124ertbn10-30-23.jpg

Edit: I did need to change the drive belt years ago. But that was my fault. I was using the Kodiak to move a trailer loaded with a full cord of firewood...not designed to do that, burned up the belt when I was in reverse backing the trailer into a shed.

/ ATV advice #114  
I would 2nd the recommendation of Honda ATVs.

If buying new one might wish to avoid the Electric Shift option as that mechanism tends to have problems in the long run. Manual shifting ain't hard with no clutch on the utility models.

/ ATV advice #115  
I came close to getting an ATV but went with a Kawasaki Mule UTV instead. About the only downsides are it is a bit noisy and has a top speed of 25 mph. But it sits two, has a windshield, roof, dump bed and I do not need a helmet. The other plus over an ATV is safety.

It is used for work around the place, and in good weather, for runs to the mailbox 2.5 miles away...(yes, I live in the middle of nowhere) and to visit neighbors.

I do not regret getting it, though it would be nice to have more speed. But it was just over $8200 so not that pricey.

/ ATV advice #118  
We've heard good things about them.
Arly

They are bullet proof, but as sexy as Phyllis Diller.
BTW. have owned a Polaris XP and RSZ and they were a lot “sexier” and faster.

I am 73, and needed an affordable and reliable vehicle for around the homestead. They are the only UTV with a three year warranty.

/ ATV advice #119  
I just purchased a 2024 Honda Rubicon which is a beast of a quad. The tow rating on it is in the neighborhood of 1500# and I have put it to the test. I chose the Rubicon because I wanted something very nimble to get around my woods with and I found the turn radius is not all that great really. In hindsight, I wish I would have just purchased the Honda Pioneer that way I could've easily drove with two people as well as having a bed to put stuff. The Pioneer was only about $1500 more.
Other than that though, the Rubicon is one heck of a stout machine!

Attachments

• Rubicon.jpg
    Rubicon.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 53
   / ATV advice #120  
We have a 2015 Kawasaki mule. Its the smaller one a 610 or as my son calls it the jackass version.
It has been bulletproof so far.
The 02 Honda 300 fourtrax has also been very reliable. We did have to replace the front ball joints. Honda made them one piece with the a arm and they are no longer available so my son machined the old a arms to accept new press in ball joints.