atv and utv year-around use (and in snow)

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow)
If

You need to buy tracks specific to your atv, they are gearedfor each application.
In general they are 70% of original speed. Not new in the pod business.
pods in bus shed.jpg

Last edited:
   / atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #43  
Found an old pic. Taken a trail, south of Anchorage.

Note to self, don't get off the trail with rotten snow
20230223_154004.jpg

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #44  
Feeling the need to be creative.

Mule Pro-MX Lightning small.jpg

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #46  
Ok, This Mule pic was shot at 1:00 in the afternoon under harsh sun. I replaced the sky with one of my other photos, increased the contrast, messed with the shadows, and made it bluer. I think it turned out pretty good for a first try.

Reminds me of those very cold and still winter nights illuminated by the moon.

1000000901.jpg

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #47  
Never saw the need for tracks on a side by side but SxS's are handy to move snow in the winter. I've since evolved and use my truck with a V plow instead it's a bit faster and takes a lot to stop it but when it come to maneuverability it's tough to beat and atv or utv
Snow Boss.jpg

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #48  
I have a 2023 Yamaha RMax 1000 LE, two seater... love this machine. It has a dump bed, and works as a utility vehicle, but it is sporty enough to play pretty hard. My brother has a Honda Pioneer 1000, that is more utility than play. Mine threads the needle fairly well. Perfect for my little hobby farm. I'm in Central South Carolina, so snow is not too big of an issue for us here.

RMax2 and Pioneer2.jpeg

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #49  
Big rain today with lots of thunder. Some of the pups were not happy.

Delilah can't hear, and Buck don't give a ****. The others were shaking.

Was 60° and nice out. It dropped 30° in 6 hours and we now have snow on the ground.

1000001001.jpg

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #50  
High of 60˚F here yesterday. Woke up this morning to 17˚. I'm actually glad to see it, since it has hardened the ground back up. I've been working on some Crop Tree Release on the far corner of my property. That area dries out quickly, but I'm faced with one of those "you can't get there from here" scenarios when things thaw out on the trails between home and the work area. I'll be out there again today. I keep forgetting to take some pictures.