B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #21  
The majority of soot is accumulated during startup. They run quite clean after that, very little smoke even when under heavy load so people who do many starts and don't work them hard enough to naturally burn them off will have more issues from what I see

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #22  
I wasn't aware of that. I thought they played the end game with them. Does the refit require a dealer to do it or can you do it at home? Really not germane to me as they are way too small for my intended uses anyway.
Actually Kubota doesn't seem to have widely publicized this to anybody except as a corporate Public Service Bulletin. Otherwise you would think it would have been more widely known in the tractor community. The place I learned about this issue posted his video in mid summer of 21 and updated his warning about this tractor just a few weeks ago. His business is buying and selling low hour used tractors (primarily Kubota and John Deere) and new attachments.

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #23  
Actually Kubota doesn't seem to have widely publicized this to anybody except as a corporate Public Service Bulletin. Otherwise you would think it would have been more widely known in the tractor community. The place I learned about this issue posted his video in mid summer of 21 and updated his warning about this tractor just a few weeks ago. His business is buying and selling low hour used tractors (primarily Kubota and John Deere) and new attachments.
Agreed.

It was not publicly announced, and owners were not notified.

SDT

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #24  
say what you want about kubota but they all do the same thing. John deere did it with the PTO on the 2305. like everyone says on the forum a little research before buying can be priceless and it comes down to how comfortable you are on the machine and how good your dealer is. brand loyalty aside I looked at john deere but the price and the location of the rear remote levers was what pushed me to kubota and not necessarily in that order.

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #25  
That will forever be a dark stain on the Kubota reputation. I came close to purchasing a used 2014, cheap of course, until I researched this issue. My dealership and most others Nationwide stopped their purchase of these models due to Kubota's lack of support. This Rep told me they replaced the engines with the European model which had no issues, but I can not verify that. The 2/7 year warranty may offer some peace of mind, but that issue will forever be a huge concern for Kubota owners.

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #26  
Agree but who wants to deal with all of the problems with that machine. If OP has a way to bypass it once and for all great. If not, they should be given a full refund. Ridiculous of Kubota to not recall and refund everyone that purchased one.

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #27  
Meanwhile there are B3350 owners out there with a tractor they can't use, can't sell whose 5 year warranty expired who are unaware of the warranty extension. There were people seeking to file a class action law suit but that may have been mitigated by this PSB. I can't say that the publicity of a class action law suit is what motivated the PSB warranty extension, but waiting years after the problem was well known doesn't speak well for motivation.
As I said earlier, Kubota could have stopped making the B3350 when the problem became apparent replaced each B3350 with a new tractor, donated the recalled machines to warm climate 3rd world countries and it would have cost them very little off their bottom line and earned a great deal of good publicity. That they continued making it and selling it with the known issues is unconscionable.
How do I know that a new Kubota model wont have some issue that Kubota won't support. What about all the people who needed a tractor but had to transport theirs to a dealer, or pay for transport to a dealer and then had to hire someone else to do the work their tractor should have been doing. Or those who took a big financial loss to get out from under a useless tractor. Kubota's lifetime warranty on the B3350 doesn't absolve them of their responsibility on this issue.

Last edited:
   / B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #28  
You're right that the baby step warranty extension was too little, too late. Kubota should have stepped up and done a buy back of the B3350. The 3350 was on the top of my initial list in 2016 before I read up on all of the problems owners were having - fortunately I dodged that bullet.
The first Tier4 tractor with zero emissions.... because it remains in the barn or shop broken down!

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #29  
Meanwhile there are B3350 owners out there with a tractor they can't use, can't sell whose 5 year warranty expired who are unaware of the warranty extension. There were people seeking to file a class action law suit but that may have been mitigated by this PSB. I can't say that the publicity of a class action law suit is what motivated the PSB warranty extension, but waiting years after the problem was well known doesn't speak well for motivation.
As I said earlier, Kubota could have stopped making the B3350 when the problem became apparent replaced each B3350 with a new tractor, donated the recalled machines to warm climate 3rd world countries and it would have cost them very little off their bottom line and earned a great deal of good publicity. That they continued making it and selling it with the known issues is unconscionable.
How do I know that a new Kubota model wont have some issue that Kubota won't support. What about all the people who needed a tractor but had to transport theirs to a dealer, or pay for transport to a dealer and then had to hire someone else to do the work their tractor should have been doing. Or those who took a big financial loss to get out from under a useless tractor. Kubota's lifetime warranty on the B3350 doesn't absolve them of their responsibility on this issue.
Doubt that any class action law suit was even considered by any tort attorneys. Class would have been much too small for attorneys to make enough money to cover expenses money and Kubota's in house attorneys well know this.

Tort attorneys are interested in attorney's fees, not potential plaintiff's problems.

SDT

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #30  
That will forever be a dark stain on the Kubota reputation. I came close to purchasing a used 2014, cheap of course, until I researched this issue. My dealership and most others Nationwide stopped their purchase of these models due to Kubota's lack of support. This Rep told me they replaced the engines with the European model which had no issues, but I can not verify that. The 2/7 year warranty may offer some peace of mind, but that issue will forever be a huge concern for Kubota owners.
Not true.

US B3350s have not had engines replaced with engines intended for any other market. Nor have they had engines replaced with engines used in the LX3310 replacement.

SDT