B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #31  
Not true.

US B3350s have not had engines replaced with engines intended for any other market. Nor have they had engines replaced with engines used in the LX3310 replacement.

SDT
Spoken by the person who has talked to every Kubota dealer in the country
Doubt that any class action law suit was even considered by any tort attorneys. Class would have been much too small for attorneys to make enough money to cover expenses money and Kubota's in house attorneys well know this.

Tort attorneys are interested in attorney's fees, not potential plaintiff's problems.

SDT
You must be pretty high up in Kubota corporate to have knowledge of the thoughts of Kubota's in house legal team. And to know that no B3350 has ever been repaired with another engine.

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #32  
Spoken by the person who has talked to every Kubota dealer in the country

You must be pretty high up in Kubota corporate to have knowledge of the thoughts of Kubota's in house legal team. And to know that no B3350 has ever been repaired with another engine.
Note: I stated that Kubota has not replaced US B3350 engines with engines intended for other, e.g., European, markets. Doing so would violate federal law. I never stated that Kubota has not replaced the engine in any B3350 with another engine designed for sale in the US.

As, among other things, I am an attorney, and know how the legal system operates. Any attorney experienced enough to secure an in-house position at Kubota would well know that any class action suit vis a vis the B3350 issue would be highly unlikely for the reason that I stated. Such attorney(ies) would not be there if they did not.

You are welcome to prove me wrong regarding either or both statements should you decide to do so.

SDT

Last edited:
   / B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #33  
Note: I stated that Kubota has not replaced US B3350 engines with engines intended for other, e.g., European, markets. Doing so would violate federal law. I never stated that Kubota has not replaced the engine in any B3350 with another engine designed for sale in the US.

As, among other things, I am an attorney, and know how the legal system operates. Any attorney experienced enough to secure an in-house position at Kubota would well know that any class action suit vis a vis the B3350 issue would be highly unlikely for the reason that I stated. Such attorney(ies) would not be there if they did not.

You are welcome to prove me wrong regarding either or both statements should you decide to do so.

SDT
Whether any class action suit was ever actually attempted is irrelevant, it was talked about.
The relevant issue is how Kubota has treated B3350 owners, and continues to treat them. A case was cited earlier, B3350 owners shells out $4k because it was after the 5 year warranty period but before the date of the PSB (that few have heard of) and Kubota refused to reimburse the repair of a chronic issue. I doubt that after 7 years of a known chronic problem that Kubota issued the PSB just out of the goodness of their hearts.

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #34  
say what you want about kubota but they all do the same thing. John deere did it with the PTO on the 2305. like everyone says on the forum a little research before buying can be priceless and it comes down to how comfortable you are on the machine and how good your dealer is. brand loyalty aside I looked at john deere but the price and the location of the rear remote levers was what pushed me to kubota and not necessarily in that order.
And how about that JD exploding driveshaft?

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #35  
Why would this violate Federal law? EU and US emissions are both in Phase V since 2019 and actually the EU has tougher standards for NRMM engines. I dont believe it is outside the realm of possibility a dealer could use a foreign engine. We all drive foreign cars right?

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #36  
Why would this violate Federal law? EU and US emissions are both in Phase V since 2019 and actually the EU has tougher standards for NRMM engines. I dont believe it is outside the realm of possibility a dealer could use a foreign engine. We all drive foreign cars right?
Only 50 HP tractor and up had emissions equipment in Europe back then. The new Stage V only started this year, after being postponed in 2021. So, now, every off-road equipment with more than 25HP will have emissions equipment, just like US.

If that change with European engines was indeed true, then it had to be done under the radar somehow.

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #37  
Whether any class action suit was ever actually attempted is irrelevant, it was talked about.
The relevant issue is how Kubota has treated B3350 owners, and continues to treat them. A case was cited earlier, B3350 owners shells out $4k because it was after the 5 year warranty period but before the date of the PSB (that few have heard of) and Kubota refused to reimburse the repair of a chronic issue. I doubt that after 7 years of a known chronic problem that Kubota issued the PSB just out of the goodness of their hearts.
I do not consider the lack of litigation irrelevant and am convinced that the Kubota in-house legal staff well understood that any class action litigation regarding the B3350 was highly unlikely.

Such action was discussed herein and perhaps in other tractor forums, e.g., orangetractortalks, etc., but it is highly unlikely that tort attorneys seriously considered any such action. Believe me, if there was money to be made by any such action regarding the B3350, the ambulance chasers would be on it in a heartbeat.

Not defending Kubota regarding the B3350. Of course, Kubota could have taken other, more substantive and, especially, earlier measures regarding the B3350, but understanding the legal system, I'm convinced that the threat of class action litigation had little or nothing to do with PSB-2021-050-E.

SDT

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #38  
"All industrial equipment manufacturers are now required to use emission certified engines. In this circumstance, as a leading industrial engine manufacturer, Kubota has always developed the engine which meets emission regulations across the world." Somebody's lying.

/ B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #39  
I'm convinced that the threat of class action litigation had little or nothing to do with PSB-2021-050-E.
And I am equally convinced that after seven years of ignoring the issue and throwing B3350 owners under the bus, Kubota didn't suddenly, out of the blue, issue the PSB out of the goodness of their corporate hearts. Whether it was bad publicity a TV station's consumer affairs reporter, law suits class action and otherwise, a state attorneys general threatening consumer protection action, a combination of the above I don't know. I do know that "goodness" and "corporate hearts" is an oxymoron.

Last edited:
   / B3350 REGEN PROBLEMS & FIX #40  
And I am equally convinced that after seven years of ignoring the issue and throwing B3350 owners under the bus, Kubota didn't suddenly, out of the blue, issue the PSB out of the goodness of their corporate hearts. Whether it was bad publicity a TV station's consumer affairs reporter, law suits class action and otherwise, a state attorneys general threatening consumer protection action, a combination of the above I don't know. I do know that "goodness" and "corporate hearts" is an oxymoron.
"I do know that "goodness" and "corporate hearts" is an oxymoron."

Obviously, you "know" no such thing.

Rather, you think such and I find no fault in such thinking.

SDT