B7510 Experience compared to BX

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX
Bob_Young said:
Pemad and hookem,
Are you guys pushing snow in high range? I almost always use Low and always lose traction before the engine bogs. The 7610 hasn't bogged on me once in either dirt or snow, which has sort of surprised me. Maybe my turf tires limit the load that can be put on the engine/drivetrain. Are your tires turfs or bar tires?

I have been 'stuck' several times...if stuck means all tires spinning. I push snow over a couple of banks and, if the tractor gets too far over the bank, it'll sit there in snow up to the axles and spin. Of course, a push from the bucket and I'm on my way again.

duce, if you haven't already loaded the rears with fluid, give it some thought. It really helps stability & traction and the rear almost never gets light.

Bob,

I am in low gear and can almost kill the enginee pushing snow. It will bog right down. I do have R4 tires. It sounds like the 3 hp makes a difference when pushing snow around.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #12  
pemad said:
Bob,

I am in low gear and can almost kill the enginee pushing snow. It will bog right down. I do have R4 tires. It sounds like the 3 hp makes a difference when pushing snow around.

Wow! I never had a problem bogging down my B7500 pushing a full blade of dirt with Ag tires and weights. Which accounts to lots of traction. I used my B7500 one 3 winters ago widening the roads in our subdivision (which was frozen hard packed snow piles) and never experianced that problem.

How many hours do you have on your B7510?
The reason I am asking is it might not be broken in yet.
Do you run the engine at full RPM's? (2600 RPM's) It is best to run the engine at full RPM's when working the tractor.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #13  
Hello Pemad,

I just read your first posting and I noticed that you only have 12 Hour's on your B7510.

You need to break that thing in. You have a ways to go.

You need to run it to break it in properly. The engine needs to be loaded up but not to the point of stalling or lugging.

Hope this helps.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #14  
I have turf tires on mine. I started running about 2000 rpm pushing snow. I have 136 hrs on it so it should be broke in. I was going through 6-8" of snow in 4wd at 2600 rpm and it still bigged down in high range. This tells me it's just geared up too much. Kubota screwd up somewhat when they put the big tires. It doesn't bog down in low at all, which tells me a mid range would have been nice. Also, when cutting high grass and weeds in high range it bogs, but low range is so slow, telling me again a mid range should be there.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #15  
When it starts bogging down in Hi Range do you let off on the Hydro Pedel a bit untill it stops bogging down. That normaly worked for me when we got aprox. 8" of wet snow three winters ago. Even up a slight hill it worked. Suprizingly high range worked very well for plowing snow. I would not use Hi Range plowing dirt though.

Sounds like the bogging down issue may be a break-in issue.
I was running it around 2600 rpms and had no problem causing it to bog when pushing the snow.
I guess time will only tell once she is broke in.
Thanks for all the information.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #17  
pemad said:
I have had my B7510 for over a month and put 12 hours on it and figured it is so cold in NY (nothing to do) I would write up a quick post.

Have no fear... I found you something to do!! :D I posted a thread a few days ago and didn't get any for sure answers... I need to know what the measurement to the top of your ROPS is. I'm most concerned with a non-folding ROPS and R4 tires but if you could give me a pretty close number whether that description fits your machine or not... maybe it'll get me in the ballpark. If you can... thanks! If not... maybe somebody else will read this and reply.

Thanks again.

DmansPadge said:
Have no fear... I found you something to do!! :D I posted a thread a few days ago and didn't get any for sure answers... I need to know what the measurement to the top of your ROPS is. I'm most concerned with a non-folding ROPS and R4 tires but if you could give me a pretty close number whether that description fits your machine or not... maybe it'll get me in the ballpark. If you can... thanks! If not... maybe somebody else will read this and reply.

Thanks again.

I have the turf special 7510, so I do not have folding rops. The height from the ground to the top of the rops is 76 inches. Hope this helps.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #19  
My B7500 height with non folding ROPS and Ag's is 75-1/2" (0-plus / 1/2"-minus) I believe the Ag's for the B7500 / B7510 are very close in size to the R4's for the B7500, B7510 and B7610.

I hope this helps some.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #20  
Just so some of you poor soles are considering a BX and this post is making you waver... I agree it isn't a full blown tractor to plow fields, but don't let it fool ya. The BX's are very good, and as someone mentioned it should have been BY for backyard, but you better make that a BY+ because it is not just a little toy.... It will handle a lot of work with little effort...

Not taking away from the 75 series, just stating to reassure those considering a BX.. If I read this before I bought one, it would make me wait another month plus wondering if I would be buying the right tractor....

I don't regret buying my BX2350...... I've never bogged mine down except for the time I tried dragging a 4'X4'x4" piece of conrete on a chain link fence with (2) 5' 6x6'x wired to the front and back of the chain in high gear.... It did it, but started to grunt when I was pushing real hard... I switched to low gear and barely knew it was back there... Sure leveled my yard in a heartbeat though....

Phil