B7510 Experience compared to BX

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX
Musclford said:
Just so some of you poor soles are considering a BX and this post is making you waver... I agree it isn't a full blown tractor to plow fields, but don't let it fool ya. The BX's are very good, and as someone mentioned it should have been BY for backyard, but you better make that a BY+ because it is not just a little toy.... It will handle a lot of work with little effort...

Not taking away from the 75 series, just stating to reassure those considering a BX.. If I read this before I bought one, it would make me wait another month plus wondering if I would be buying the right tractor....

I don't regret buying my BX2350....

Phil

I agree, My BX was a kick butt machine. I did a lot with that little bugger. Here are some things I have done.

Cut in a 500' driveway and moved all the driveway mix around.
Bought a 3pt hitch back hoe and dug many ditches including putting in 500' of water pipe. That was a 4' ditch and it took 20 hours to dig :).
Dug the power line, cable line and telephone line 150' for my brother.
Used my brushhog to clear 10+ acres taking out trees and such.
Dug my foundation for my house.
Did hours of land scaping.
Cleared my driveway with a 50" snowblower.
Cleared 2 acres and leveled the ground at my sister's house.
Put in a new water service for my neighbor, 100'.

I can keep going, it was a great tractor but I need more ground clearence and that is an issue with the BX.

Enjoy!

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #22  
Impressive list pemad.
Not bad for a back yard machine ...... :D

Congrats on the new B7510. I was torn between the B7510 and the BX2230. With ground clearance not being an issue with me, I found the operator station alittle more cramped on the B7510 and I thought the HST whined more but I was still all set to go with it over the BX2230 until I tried out the BX23. 2 yrs later I'm still happy with it.
Anyways the main objective is to get a machine that fits your needs and it sounds like you have this time, again congrats.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #23  
For fueling I have a diesel can that has pretty much a right angle bend at the end of the fill spout. I just lay an old towel on the hood, set the can on the towel and then tip it down so the spout is right in the tank. Then I just let the can lay there and empty itself.

Works very well and is easy.

Love my b7500!

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #24  
pemad said:
I agree, My BX was a kick butt machine. I did a lot with that little bugger. Here are some things I have done.

Cut in a 500' driveway and moved all the driveway mix around.
Bought a 3pt hitch back hoe and dug many ditches including putting in 500' of water pipe. That was a 4' ditch and it took 20 hours to dig :).
Dug the power line, cable line and telephone line 150' for my brother.
Used my brushhog to clear 10+ acres taking out trees and such.
Dug my foundation for my house.
Did hours of land scaping.
Cleared my driveway with a 50" snowblower.
Cleared 2 acres and leveled the ground at my sister's house.
Put in a new water service for my neighbor, 100'.

I can keep going, it was a great tractor but I need more ground clearence and that is an issue with the BX.

Enjoy!

Dang, very impressive... I put in a 4500 sq ft circle drive, before I ever thought of buying my BX... Wish I would have bought it sooner.. Would have saved me 800 in rental fees for the Skid steer....

I plan on back filling my room addition, but would never have thought of digging the foundation... I'm not that patient.....

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #25  
See - I bought my BX24 last summer and have done a bunch of things in the BY... For me the factor for the BX was - actually - the size. In yet another post I find myself just piling onto Musclford.
The BX is a little monster... and Volfandt got it right - buy the tractor that fists your needs.
I love the backhoe on mine... needed that - now I can't see living like without one.
With my new place - yes the BX24 is small... but I'll run the snot out of it - get the work done with the "penalty" of having to spend some extra therapy time in the seat playing with the non-toy (toy).
My old man always used to say "the right tool for the right job".
Bigger is better - only if it fits your needs... takes longer to do things with a smaller tractor... (I'm summarizing all these pro-BX vs anti-BX posts)... and anti - isn't anti, I know.
My personal experience comparing a JD 4310 and my BX24 - regarding the comment in the woods... YES the 4310 has more clearance... but the BX can get into places the JD just sits and stares at - wishing it had a chainsaw attachment...
All tractors are good tractors - that's why they make all those different models...
Ohh - and life is like a box of chocolates... ;)

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #26  
pemad said:
I have had my B7510 for over a month and put 12 hours on it and figured it is so cold in NY (nothing to do) I would write up a quick post. Prior to the B7510 I had a BX2200 and there is a difference.

1) Compared side hilling between the 2 machines the 7510 feels much safer than the BX did with an attachment on the back. I know people on the board will say no way, but it is true. On the same bank the BX started tiping and 7510 didn't even think of tiping at the same angle.
4) As for filling the fuel tank the 7510 is a pain in the butt. Who thought of putting the fill tank in the middle of the hood. My arms fall off holding the 5 gallon tank. The BX is much easier to fill.
6) As for the Hydro foot pedal the 7510 is very smooth compared to the BX. The BX always stuck since new and was very jerky.
1*I've found the smaller tractors more stable than the biguns.
I take my Bolens and CC 2554 where I'd fear to tread with the BX23 or a B series.
4*Get a fuel transfer tank. Makes it easy for any tractor.
6* I like the foot Petal, Never been a problem on the BX23

http://www.hubcapcafe.com/i/2001/storycty/chev6001.JPG 60 Chevy Convertible front
http://www.hubcapcafe.com/i/2001/storycty/chev6001a.JPG rear view
http://chevy.tocmp.com/chevyscrapbook/files/kamp50.jpg 1950 Chevy
http://www.jenningsequipment.com/storepics/ksBX22.jpg BX23

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #27  
Had a BX and sold it before I purchased a B7500 which is about the same as the B7510.
1*I never looked back or wished that I had the BX back
2*I can't count how many times I got the BX stuck.
3*My neighbor has a bx 23 and his does not seem to bog down
4*I agree that the 7510 is tough to get stuck as my BX could not compare to where this machine can go.
1*I would cause I'd sure miss that little feller.
2*Knock on wood : I haven't gotten mine stuck.
3*Neither does mine.
4*I can get where a b size tractor won't fit.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #28  
hwew wrote dated: 10/15/2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes I had many problems with my BX2200. Even with:

A. Engine oil and filter changes every 25 hrs. (switched to Amsoil after 50 hrs.

B. Hydro Super UDT and filter changes and screen cleaned first 50 hrs. and every 100 hrs. after.

C. Air cleaner changed every 50 hrs.

Greased every 50 hrs.

And that is why I sold it and bought a B7500. The B7500 is great! NO COMPLAINTS!!!!
Problems @ just before 300 hours are as followes:

1. Fuel tank leaking replaced tank and fuel sending mount.

2. vibration problems and driveshaft to hydro had to be replaced twice. once @ approx. 125 hrs. and again @ aprox 279 hrs. cause is grease is no staying in boots due to high rpm's and cv joints wore out.

3. air cleaner bracket broke.

4. HST Cooling fan broke twice due to branches. First was covered and second had to be paid for.

5. complete three point hitch cradle assembly had to be replaced due to the holes being worn out by fine sand. Please note that even though it is a very strong assembly Kubota made it with no replecement bushings so everything had to be replaced. Was covered under warentee. Please note Kubota inspected the parts. They found they were out of spec. so replecement was made very fast.

6. front right inner tie rod end boot replaced twice.

7. front axle had play at pivot pin just like 3 point hitch assem. I did not bother to have it replaced because I made up my mind that I was getting rid of it.

8. Brake let go, tractor rolled down a hill and hit a tree. damage was left fender and left three point hitch draw bar. Kubota found brake latch assemm. was defective and a retro fit had to be made otherwise the whole tractor frame had to be replaced. The retrofit worked great!! (Was covered under warentte).

9. 3 point was loosing lift after aprox. 3 hours. run time. I did not bother to have it repaired because I made up my mind that I was getting rid of it.

10. Hydro shaft seal leaking. I did not bother to have it looked at because I made up my mind that I was getting rid of it.

11. Driveshaft assembly for front axle has alot of play.
I did not bother to have it looked at because I made up my mind that I was getting rid of it.

12. Front axle pinion assembly has alot of play.I did not bother to have it looked at because I made up my mind that I was getting rid of it.

Please note: Kubota Warentte is excellent!!!! The work has been carried out that I requested with no issues. The service dept at my kubota dealership is tops!!!!

Also Kubota enginering dept. in California called me In May of 2004 and stated that the Kubota enginers from Japan are here in the States and they thanked me for my list of issues and sugestions about my BX2200 and said they are in the works designing the next generation BX and my input has helped them solving some issuses.

To the BX owners. Please don't take this as I am bashing the BX. That is not my intention. I had issues with parts prematurly wearing from very fine sand. and issues that many of you had. It could of cost me a fortine if Kubota's warentte was second rate.

A tractor is a big investment and I am glad to go with Kubota because I feel there service to the customer is tops!

It turns out that the B7500 is holding up very well and I feel it is better suited for my needs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was written over two years and I feel The B7500 still holds up better for my needs.
The only problem I had with my B7500 was hydo fluid related. But most of you that are sold on Kubota Super UDT will not want to read what I have to say about that stuff. The fix was simple and it works great. Believe me I once thought Kubota Super UDT was the best stuff on this planet.

There has been some changes made to the new BX series tractor for the better. Some which I went over with the Local Rep. and enginering in California before I wrote on 10/15/2004. One of my idea's they used was replacable bushings for the three point linkage.

I will say no tractor is perfect. The B7500 is more than most home owners need and the BX series is a fine tractor for most. But when I work in soft or sandy soil and mud the B7500 shines.

Both B and BX series tractors are great mowers when you have the Suspended deck MMM on them.

Just think it over on what needs you have. Try both B and BX series tractors out first and then make a decision which you need.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX
hwew,
I had some of your problems with my BX as listed in your post. Not as many. You must have got a lemon to have all those issues. I had problems with 1, 3, and 6 as you noted above.

Others,
After 18 hours on my B7510, I have noticed very little bog in the motor in low gear pushing snow around as I stated earlier. I think the motor is coming to life.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #30  
Some for the problems that I had came from the fine sand. And going over that specific problem with the Kubota engineers in California they came to the conclusion that somthing had to be done. That is why all new BX series tractors have replacible 3 point hitch buchings on the frame.

I believe it helps when owners give thier advice on how things can be made better and people won't mind paying a few extra dollars like replaceable bushings. This is what I like about Kubota. When you go through the proper channels and stay persistant on a certain matter they seem to listen and will try to do something about it.

About the other problems, well it had a hard life. Lots of mud and sand. Most of the hours were with a 4 foot box blade. I must of moved over 30 dumptruck loads of dirt mud and sand. I also ripped the ground before I could do a lot of leveling. This I believe brought up lots of the other problems.

I am glad the engine is comming to life. Don't be afraid to run it. They are designed to be run at full rpm's when working it. (It is only 2600 RPM's) You will still see more of an improvement is the hours build up.