B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle?

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #11  
I purchased a King Kutter 60" and used it (quite successfully) for several weeks before I found in the manual that the recommended limit is the 48". (YIKES!)

The KK is light duty - it has the 40 hp gearbox (vs the 60) and only weighs 525 lb (according to their web-site). I don't use the FEL - no stability problems (yet).

I only use it on flat, smooth ground -- to "clean up" the hay fields where the mower can't reach, around the grove, etc...

I wanted the 60 as it will, basically, cut to the width of the rear tires. If I can drive up close, I can cut up close.

If I had known the limitation, I probably would have not gone with that size. Maybe I would have opted for a sickle bar. But, I've had nothing to complain about, so far...

mlg

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #12  
I purchased a King Kutter 60" and used it (quite successfully) for several weeks before I found in the manual that the recommended limit is the 48". (YIKES!)

The KK is light duty - it has the 40 hp gearbox (vs the 60) and only weighs 525 lb (according to their web-site). I don't use the FEL - no stability problems (yet).

I only use it on flat, smooth ground -- to "clean up" the hay fields where the mower can't reach, around the grove, etc...

I wanted the 60 as it will, basically, cut to the width of the rear tires. If I can drive up close, I can cut up close.

If I had known the limitation, I probably would have not gone with that size. Maybe I would have opted for a sickle bar. But, I've had nothing to complain about, so far...

mlg

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #13  
I run a JD 513 Rotary Cutter behind my B2910 (same tractor as B7800 with added features). I have run into areas that will bog the engine down in heavy grass. Just let up on the HST pedal and tractor keeps going. If you plan on doing heavy bush hogging get a 48" medium duty cutter. For light duty open Field cutting get the 60" cutter. Light duty will allow you to cut up to 1" diameter stuff. Some medium duty cutter can cut up to 2".

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #14  
I run a JD 513 Rotary Cutter behind my B2910 (same tractor as B7800 with added features). I have run into areas that will bog the engine down in heavy grass. Just let up on the HST pedal and tractor keeps going. If you plan on doing heavy bush hogging get a 48" medium duty cutter. For light duty open Field cutting get the 60" cutter. Light duty will allow you to cut up to 1" diameter stuff. Some medium duty cutter can cut up to 2".

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #15  
I have the light duty 60 inch Woods on my 7800. No problem. You need the size so that the cutter is wider than the rear tires. With the 48 you would have some trouble getting close to things.

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #16  
I have the light duty 60 inch Woods on my 7800. No problem. You need the size so that the cutter is wider than the rear tires. With the 48 you would have some trouble getting close to things.

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #17  
Another vote for the sixty inch!!! I have the Land Pride for my B7800 and have never had it bog down in heavy brush or vines.
Regards, Mike

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #18  
Another vote for the sixty inch!!! I have the Land Pride for my B7800 and have never had it bog down in heavy brush or vines.
Regards, Mike

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #19  
I pull a Woods 5' BB60. I forget how they classify that.
I pulled a 6' RFM with equally impressive results.

On the BrushBull I go through waist high fields in two passes. I say two passes so as not to lay the grass down thick where it would kill itself off.

-Mike Z.

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #20  
I pull a Woods 5' BB60. I forget how they classify that.
I pulled a 6' RFM with equally impressive results.

On the BrushBull I go through waist high fields in two passes. I say two passes so as not to lay the grass down thick where it would kill itself off.

-Mike Z.