B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle?

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #21  
If the HP rating of the tractor's PTO is greater than 18, I can tell you that the older Woods RM600 will work on your tractor. That's the model I have on my B2400. This mower weighs a smidge over 700 lbs and has a cutting path of 72 inches.

I can cut knee high pasture grass without any trouble.

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #22  
If the HP rating of the tractor's PTO is greater than 18, I can tell you that the older Woods RM600 will work on your tractor. That's the model I have on my B2400. This mower weighs a smidge over 700 lbs and has a cutting path of 72 inches.

I can cut knee high pasture grass without any trouble.

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #23  
<font color="blue"> </font>

Where did you notice that in the manual? I have a b7800 & never noticed that limitation. My dealer suggested a 5' BEFCO brush hog for my tractor. I have spoken with several other dealers - land pride, woods, king kutter - and all suggested 5' mowers.

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #24  
<font color="blue"> </font>

Where did you notice that in the manual? I have a b7800 & never noticed that limitation. My dealer suggested a 5' BEFCO brush hog for my tractor. I have spoken with several other dealers - land pride, woods, king kutter - and all suggested 5' mowers.

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #25  
Another vote for the 5' cutter. I also have a 60" brush hog from a company named Lowery Manufacturing in AL. Purchased it with the tractor and have never had any problems using it, even in tall, heavy grass. On several occasions, I've also used a 72" Bush Hog Squealer behind my B7800. With the loader on, I had no probs. mowing a pretty flat field, but the front end was a touch light. I would say that makes a 6' cutter marginal, not a 5'. 60" hits the sweet spot on a B7800.

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #26  
Another vote for the 5' cutter. I also have a 60" brush hog from a company named Lowery Manufacturing in AL. Purchased it with the tractor and have never had any problems using it, even in tall, heavy grass. On several occasions, I've also used a 72" Bush Hog Squealer behind my B7800. With the loader on, I had no probs. mowing a pretty flat field, but the front end was a touch light. I would say that makes a 6' cutter marginal, not a 5'. 60" hits the sweet spot on a B7800.

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #27  
I have had a 60" Landpride RFM for four years and have not experienced "any" problems doing medium field work with the B7800.

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #28  
I have had a 60" Landpride RFM for four years and have not experienced "any" problems doing medium field work with the B7800.

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #29  
Looks like we're mostly in agreement. I already had a 48" brush hog when I got my B2710 and I promptly traded it for a 60" one. And the B7800 is about the same size as the B2710. Personally, I like one that extends out past the back wheels at least a little bit so I could get close to fences, buildings, etc.

/ B7800 - how big a rotary cutter will it handle? #30  
Looks like we're mostly in agreement. I already had a 48" brush hog when I got my B2710 and I promptly traded it for a 60" one. And the B7800 is about the same size as the B2710. Personally, I like one that extends out past the back wheels at least a little bit so I could get close to fences, buildings, etc.