Backhoe installation question

/ Backhoe installation question
Why didn't you just have the dealer install the backhoe?
As I mentioned earlier, I live 1 1/2 to 2 hours from their nearest locations, (they have 4 of them) and I did not have the means to get the tractor to them. In none of my correspondence with them did they tell me what condition the backhoe would be delivered and what tools, etc. I would need for assembly/installation, even though it was clear that I was assuming the only assembly needed would be the two brackets that go on the tractor, and that they would do it at delivery. I even mentioned I had shop air if that would make things easier.
If it was unusual to ship the backhoe to the customer rather than bring the tractor to them, then they should have told me up front what was involved.

/ Backhoe installation question #22  
Having a location in your profile sometimes helps with getting assistance...

/ Backhoe installation question #23  
Your experience is a warning to others considering the purchase of a backhoe attachment.
In that vein I will add that I bought a WoodMaxx BH a couple of years ago and when I saw it on the pallet I was intimidated. I am pretty much incompetent when it comes to mechanical work and my tool collection is basic at best.
To my surprise this attachment came with one of the best manuals I’ve ever seen. My son and I followed the instructions step by step and in a short afternoon we had the BH installed and operating.

I’m building an orchard on an old avalanche (the side of the Fraser River canyon) and I’ve used the machine very hard for two years.
In that time I’ve had only one pinched hose and one broken tooth.
The WoodMaxx staff has been extremely available, knowledgeable, and helpful.
I’m sure there are other brands with similar virtues, but thought I’d add this for prospective buyers.
Good luck with your project!

/ Backhoe installation question #24  
Yeah, I can just picture it now...

...you saying "and I have shop air right nearby to make it easier"...

And their guy, pen in hand, nodding his head and mumbling "oh, yeah?" "good, that's great!"...
As he puts the finishing touches on someone else's billing invoice.

Oh my!

/ Backhoe installation question
Your experience is a warning to others considering the purchase of a backhoe attachment.
In that vein I will add that I bought a WoodMaxx BH a couple of years ago and when I saw it on the pallet I was intimidated. I am pretty much incompetent when it comes to mechanical work and my tool collection is basic at best.
To my surprise this attachment came with one of the best manuals I’ve ever seen. My son and I followed the instructions step by step and in a short afternoon we had the BH installed and operating.
I agree, WoodMaxx is a good company. I have their 9900 wood chipper, and a 62" flail with the hydraulic side shift, and both are great machines. And yes, their manuals were very clear and easy to follow. Don't know anything about their backhoe, but, I assume it is mounted on the 3-point hitch? I had read that could be problematic so decided to not go that route, and instead get something specifically made for my tractor, though it looks like you have had no problems with yours.
My guess is that I could be the first person my dealership ever shipped a backhoe to. The pdf file, even though it came with pictures, could have been a lot clearer, and the dealership should have anticipated the inevitable questions and been more forthcoming with information. How about a picture of where the hoist straps were positioned to lift the entire thing?, since their are no obvious locations. Why does the picture show the bolts going in one way on the subframe, and the parts drawing shows they go in the opposite way? Which one is right?