Backhoe Backhoe won't move

/ Backhoe won't move #21  
Doesn't the transmission use the same hydraulic oil as the rest of your hydraulics? Is there oil in your large hydraulic tank sitting on the outside of your frame, between the front and rear tires that you climb onto to get into the tractor? Fuel tank is usually on the opposite side.

/ Backhoe won't move #22  
That's the correct amount for the transmission Approx. 4 gal. when drained for refill. The rear diff. is a different story it holds a lot more. On these Hoes the hydraulics are separate.

/ Backhoe won't move
Well I've used the backhoe all day so far and it has not acted up bit. Maybe it just needed to be run to loosen things back up. I've dug a hoe to set a 500 gal septic in and taken down several trees and plied them up. I don't know what changed but I'm liking it. Thanks for all the help, I'll holler again if it starts acting up again.

/ Backhoe won't move #25  
Hows that hoe running?

/ Backhoe won't move
Running great, ran about a tank and half of fuel through it digging a 10' * 25' * 8' deep pit for a field drain and a 5' * 8' * 6' deep hole for a septic tank. Dumped 3 loads of gravel then covered with dirt. I'm a little slow with it, has been a while since I used it. But now that I'm retired that won't be an issue anymore. It looks kie lack of use was the problem and the transmission fluid and filter needed changing. Next time I go up ther to the property I will be changing the hydraulic fluid and filter.

/ Backhoe won't move #27  
Kenny first buy a new trans hydraulic filter .....

Just got a 2006 580SM and am changing all the fluids/filters.

Really stuck on the transmission filter.......that sucker is way up in there where you really can't get to it w/o removing a BUNCH of stuff.....

Any suggestions?

z

/ Backhoe won't move #28  
Yes. The screen is behind the cover plate with 2 bolts, next to the drain plug.....And it doesn't hurt to check it.....only takes a few minutes. If that gets clogged and collapses, say hello to a new $10K Tranny.....lol....z

/ Backhoe won't move #29  
Z it's a bear cat to get at and change at least you found it I had my machine a year before I even found it.

/ Backhoe won't move #30  
I've seen some effed up design/engineering in my time.....but this one takes the cake....wtf were they thinking???....High on drugs?

The meter on this is 2304 hrs.....So maybe I can live without changing it?? ...

I'm assuming you have to do it from the front?.......Even if I get it unscrewed I don't see how to even get it out of there.....or put the new one in.........lol

Thanks for any help.........

z