Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor #31  
Eddie, is this an issue with a 12 foot batwing mower only or is it with narrower implements or you working around overhanding tree limbs? Just wondering for I would have thought a 12 foot mower would have you clear of most limbs. I have my second cab tractor and yes mirrors can be fun to keep in place. When I was using farming cab tractor seldom had issues with mirrors but was running equipment normally 3 or so feet past the rear wheels. On my LKubota with a offset mower keep hitting my mirror, hey my rear flashers have a hard time!

I did play with cameras on the farm cab tractor but as much for ease of watching implements with monitor at steering where which was quick eye movement compared to mirrors.

Keep us posted. I do enjoy your posts.

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor
The 12 foot batwing. My land is heavily wooded and I get close the the trees when I go around the trees. While turning, the batwing will go in a lot closer to the truck of the tree. Sometimes I touch the branches with the cab. Usually it’s just the tip of the branch and the leaves just slide by. Sometimes the branch catches on the mirror and changes the angle so it’s useless. When this happens, I just keep on mowing. This time of the year, I’m very hesitant to leave my Air Conditioned cab!

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor #33  
Eddie's initial post got me thinking about backup camera's for other uses. My wife was with me when I was trying to hook up my trailer and she was wondering why I was having so much trouble. I pointed her to the lousy picture in my back up camera. She suggested I get a new camera.... who am I to argue with her?? My requirements were; high quality picture (1080p) image, portable, meaning wireless and magnetic mount. After a bit of research I picked this camera.
It has a very good picture, and is very portable. It was quick, 2 minutes, to get operating after I pulled it out of the box. Although I forgot to put the antenna's on the monitor and camera and the image was poor until I installed them. I use it on my Kubota RTV900 to help with backing up when the back is loaded with brush. I use it to help me hook up my truck to my trailer, I also use it on my trailer to help guide it into a narrow space I back it into. I plan on using it to help line up my pallet forks.
I was surprised to see the price has gone up $20 since I ordered it just over a month ago. Overall I think it was worth the extra $$$ over most of the other units that are out there.

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor
My camera arrived on August 23, and today is September 6th. I have opened the box and looked inside, but that's all I've done with it so far. It's just sitting here on my desk, waiting for me to install it.

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor #35  
Eye will Be Watching.jpg