Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor #11  
I started out with wireless camera. Works fine until i start tractor. It loses signal most of the time. Interference? Maybe...
Changed to wired camera-much better. Still lose signal from time to time. Tried to relocate wiring, no difference. Still using it better than nothing. Good luck!

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor #12  
The newer digital HD cameras don't seem to be bothered like the older analog cameras did.

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor #13  
Eddie, don't go buy cameras thinking they can replace rearview mirrors because they just can't. They do decent for general field of vision viewing and if you can get them close to the objects you want to see they work really good. I have one in the top of my cab rear facing so I can watch my 20' FM. I can watch the decks raise and lower and just generally see everything is okay but not much detail at all. The one I use on the loader is much better because it's closer. I can see the brackets for attaching the loader bucket and forks and for monitoring what I'm going into with the forks and scooping with the bucket. They are really good for that stuff. But that is a wireless battery camera that I don't leave on unless I'm using it. A permanent camera wouldn't last a week there.

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor #14  
I used them even for security cameras. I have one at a distance of over 400', not bad for Blu-Tooth supposedly good only for 30' !
They doo need a 1 Amp power supply, though, last only a few days on a car battery.

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor #15  
The newer digital HD cameras don't seem to be bothered like the older analog cameras did.
Both cameras I used were digital HD. Not top of the line but decent cameras with good reviews.

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor #16  
Both cameras I used were digital HD. Not top of the line but decent cameras with good reviews.
You don't say if gas or diesel, but either one try a noise filter on the power leads;
there are several alternator noise filters.
Or this type can be wired into the power feed,
1691511888754.png

This is a photo of my wireless cameras monitor with the camera mounted on the fork mount.
taken while the tractor is running.
using 6.jpg

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor #17  
What do you have and why do you like or hate it?
I use my Wyze cams and my phone or other display device. I've written about them a lot.
I generally only "deploy" them for short term monitoring, such as back up cameras, FEL mount cameras.
Usually on a tripod mount with magnet attached.
For display devices other than my phone I've used 7" and 10" Android tablets.
I usually use an AT&T "hotspot", but have used just my phone as a hotspot.
What I like -
Cheap. The waterproof outside cams are about $33, the PAN/Tilt about $35.
The hotspot I have anyways as a backup for my net connection.

What I hate - they keep updating the software.

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor #18  
Eddie
What is your intended use of cameras?

We have some and they are strictly for reference and not for trying to monitor how to close to an object you are.

Main use is on 1,000 bushel grain cart to show what is behind the cart and one on end of discharge auger as reference to how full the truck is getting.

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor #19  
The camera's field of view hasn't been mentioned in this thread. Backup cameras have a wide field of view, not good for seeing detail up close.

For your mower I would recommend a 40 Degree camera on each side aimed a the sides of the decks.

fv 555.jpg

My rear camera is 130° field of view and a 7 inch monitor:

PA090035.JPG
PA090036.JPG
PA090038.JPG

And the front is 50° field of view, mounted over the right front wheel:

P9090001 (Large).JPG
P9090002 (Large).JPG

The view from the side up to the cattle guard:

P9090003 (Large).JPG

/ Backup Camera to replace mirrors on cabbed tractor
My main use for the cameras will be to watch the outside edges of the batwing. I've never had a backup camera, so I'm hoping for as much insight from all of you.

When I get on my tractor, I adjust my mirrors so I can see the mower. With the mirrors adjusted, I can only see the outside edge of the mower when going straight, so even when the mirrors are in the right position, I'm limited in what they show me.

It doesn't take much for the mirrors to get moved. Then I just keep on mowing without the mirrors because I don't want to stop and adjust them every time I touch a branch with them.

My thinking is that if I had a camera back there, I could see how close I am to what I'm mowing and either get closer, or do a quick panic stop and not hit anything.

I have several WYZE camera's in my house, but my wife is the one who monitors them. We have them set up to watch our dogs in different areas of the house and out in the yard. I really like them, but it's not what I'm wanting for my tractor.

Thank you for the links, I'll probably chose from one of them.