Bad Boy ZTR mowers ?

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #41  
DaryleD said:
Is this something that you guys are making, or is someone else contracted to make them for you? I like the looks of it. Any more pics of different angles? What do you think the price will be? 4x4? locking differentials? hydro trans? gas or deisel?? I like the orange as well. Much more info needed. I am excited!!!
Daryle.

There will be either Vanguard or Kohler gasoline specs, Caterpillar diesels, and not sure who they're going with for electric engines. There will be alot of similar features to the Bad Boy Buggy (a totally different company). Electric power steering and an electric bed dump will likely be standard features. A trailing-arm rear suspension will be found on these machines, which helps the machine float over hills better. And as you can see in the pictures, they'll have an independent front suspension. Braided stainless steel brake lines. 4x4, locking diff, 3 and 6 seaters available, flatbed, stepside, and fleetside options. If they can get the machine down where it needs to be weight-wise, they may stick with the metal hood. Freaking sweet Goodyear tires, bed-lined frame....I could go on and on. It was an amazing machine. I'll post a photo gallery here in a minute.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #42  
Well, I've looked extensively at a multitude of ZTR's including JD, Kubota, Hustler, Scag, Exmark, Cub Cadet, Grasshopper, Dixie Chopper and a few others I've forgotten.

Pricing aside, I thought the Bad Boy stood out in some key areas. And the pricing was better than anyone else's comparable model. Matter of fact I was ready to jump into an Exmark when my dad told me to take a ride out to a dealer near him, cause they had some pretty impressive machines, though he couldn't remember the name of the mowers.

Walked in and was instantly drawn to the Bad Boy product line. There was also some Grasshoppers and a full line of Cub Cadet in there. Cub's 'commercial' line didn't compare to the bottom end of the Bad Boy line.

The only thing left to sell me is a test drive and maybe a mowing demonstration.

I'm looking at the 60inch deck, full suspension, with a 32 hp Vanguard. I think it's their Lightning Z line.

On another note, does anyone have an opinion on the 28hp Kawasaki Liquid cooled vs a 32hp Vanguard air cooled? The Kawasaki is actually 400 dollars cheaper.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #43  
byax65 said:
Well, I've looked extensively at a multitude of ZTR's including JD, Kubota, Hustler, Scag, Exmark, Cub Cadet, Grasshopper, Dixie Chopper and a few others I've forgotten.

Pricing aside, I thought the Bad Boy stood out in some key areas. And the pricing was better than anyone else's comparable model. Matter of fact I was ready to jump into an Exmark when my dad told me to take a ride out to a dealer near him, cause they had some pretty impressive machines, though he couldn't remember the name of the mowers.

Walked in and was instantly drawn to the Bad Boy product line. There was also some Grasshoppers and a full line of Cub Cadet in there. Cub's 'commercial' line didn't compare to the bottom end of the Bad Boy line.

The only thing left to sell me is a test drive and maybe a mowing demonstration.

I'm looking at the 60inch deck, full suspension, with a 32 hp Vanguard. I think it's their Lightning Z line.

On another note, does anyone have an opinion on the 28hp Kawasaki Liquid cooled vs a 32hp Vanguard air cooled? The Kawasaki is actually 400 dollars cheaper.

That would be a 26 hp Kawasaki and it is the most popular engine in the Lightning series, by far. It runs quieter, better on fuel, and easy to keep the screen clean. The 32 and the 31 Kawasaki are great engines, as well. On the other hand, you can't bog that 32 down. It is a powerhouse of an engine. The guys at All Seasons are good people with a great reputation. You can see, by looking around their store and visiting with them, they are a top notch operation.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #44  
Bad Boy 07 said:
That would be a 26 hp Kawasaki and it is the most popular engine in the Lightning series, by far. It runs quieter, better on fuel, and easy to keep the screen clean. The 32 and the 31 Kawasaki are great engines, as well. On the other hand, you can't bog that 32 down. It is a powerhouse of an engine. The guys at All Seasons are good people with a great reputation. You can see, by looking around their store and visiting with them, they are a top notch operation.

Well they were certainly friendly enough and took the time to explain the difference between the machines. Even got a look at Jessica Simpson's custom mower in the back. Sadly, she wasn't available.

So you can get a 32 Kawasaki liquid cooled? How much does that option add to the price?

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #45  
byax65 said:
Well they were certainly friendly enough and took the time to explain the difference between the machines. Even got a look at Jessica Simpson's custom mower in the back. Sadly, she wasn't available.

So you can get a 32 Kawasaki liquid cooled? How much does that option add to the price?

The 31 Kawasaki is air cooled and is $8495.00. I have Jessica with me this weekend.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #47  
You must be Tony Romo then. lol.

On a serious note, have the rubber compression shocks ever had an issue of wearing out? What are the most common types of problems or parts have worn out on the Bad Boys? I ask because I showed my neighbor with the 10yr old Dixie Chopper your 2008 brochure and feels there are going to be too many moving parts and the rubber shocks will wear out on me.

I personally feel its a case of him being loyal to his Dixie and finding fault with another brand. It seems to me everyone is in love with the zero turn that they bought.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #48  
byax65 said:
You must be Tony Romo then. lol.

On a serious note, have the rubber compression shocks ever had an issue of wearing out? What are the most common types of problems or parts have worn out on the Bad Boys? I ask because I showed my neighbor with the 10yr old Dixie Chopper your 2008 brochure and feels there are going to be too many moving parts and the rubber shocks will wear out on me.

I personally feel its a case of him being loyal to his Dixie and finding fault with another brand. It seems to me everyone is in love with the zero turn that they bought.

I strapped her to a pallet to be sent to Louisiana tomorrow.

The EZ-Ride system is two years old this year and there hasn't been any trouble with it. The rubber bushings are about three inches in diameter with a 1/2 inch hole in the middle. They are available in various compounds. There is one pivot point on each rear swing arm and it has a grease fitting. I hope this will help you decide.

You could purchase the Pup model and upgrade to the suspension seat. It doesn't have the moving parts and it would be like his mower. Except for the seat. With a 60" deck and a 30 hp Kohler, it retails for $6995.00. $7245.00 with the seat, I believe.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #49  
No, I like the Lightning Z. Think it will be perfect for my needs. My neighbor wsa curious enough that he drove out to ALLSEASONS himself to look at them. He came back saying they looked like they were very well built and he saw alot of things he liked.

I'll be going in next week and taking one for a spin I think. The only real decision left to make is Vanguard or Kawasaki.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #50  
byax65 said:
No, I like the Lightning Z. Think it will be perfect for my needs. My neighbor wsa curious enough that he drove out to ALLSEASONS himself to look at them. He came back saying they looked like they were very well built and he saw alot of things he liked.

I'll be going in next week and taking one for a spin I think. The only real decision left to make is Vanguard or Kawasaki.

They're both beastly engines. The Kawi is 1hp less, but puts out 2 more lb-ft of torque. The power is awash. Both are great engines. I haven't gotten a chance to put my hands on a 31hp Kawasaki model yet as they were only out in limited numbers this year and are bought up through the summer time, but my understanding is the Kawasaki has a bit better cooling on it.

Also factor in resale. A machine with a Kawasaki will hold its value better than a Vanguard unit.

Good luck on your decision. Either is a FINE choice.