Bad mouthing a Kioti?

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #21  
When I bought my Kioti, the Kubota salesman didn't really seem to have a good knowledge of his own tractors, and the JD dealer did give me the "if it ain't a John Deere, it ain't worth having" with no substantial reasons why. The JD guy actually just kept repeating it was the only good choice just because it was a Deere. I also drove the Mihindra and the dealer again was fine.

When I went to the Kioti dealer, the salesmen took me outside to do a drive, was very specific about the features, and answered all of my specific questions with specific answers. No badmouthing of the other brands. I DIDN'T buy from this Kioti dealer because the price I got from another one was quite a bit better, but had these folks do my servicing and purchased a number of implements from them.

Sadly, the original dealer I spoke with, and whom I had been doing business closed up shop earlier this year ( he retired), but the new dealer came up on line pretty seamlessly, and has provided good service so far. I have noticed at least two Kioti dealers closing shop within the past few years, so perhaps that is an issue. With that said, the new dealer hooked me up with a fellow who goes by the dealership and gets required parts, then comes to my place and provides service at a reasonable price. What's not to like about that?

I think the bottom line with all of this is if it ain't what you own, it is a target for verbal naysayers. Fact is any of the major brands will/should/does provide good tractors and all of the major brands can/might be a lemon or have issues.

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #22  
When I bought my Kioti, the Kubota salesman didn't really seem to have a good knowledge of his own tractors, and the JD dealer did give me the "if it ain't a John Deere, it ain't worth having" with no substantial reasons why. The JD guy actually just kept repeating it was the only good choice just because it was a Deere. I also drove the Mihindra and the dealer again was fine. When I went to the Kioti dealer, the salesmen took me outside to do a drive, was very specific about the features, and answered all of my specific questions with specific answers. No badmouthing of the other brands. I DIDN'T buy from this Kioti dealer because the price I got from another one was quite a bit better, but had these folks do my servicing and purchased a number of implements from them. Sadly, the original dealer I spoke with, and whom I had been doing business closed up shop earlier this year ( he retired), but the new dealer came up on line pretty seamlessly, and has provided good service so far. I have noticed at least two Kioti dealers closing shop within the past few years, so perhaps that is an issue. With that said, the new dealer hooked me up with a fellow who goes by the dealership and gets required parts, then comes to my place and provides service at a reasonable price. What's not to like about that? I think the bottom line with all of this is if it ain't what you own, it is a target for verbal naysayers. Fact is any of the major brands will/should/does provide good tractors and all of the major brands can/might be a lemon or have issues.
Clearly you are correct, any machine can have a failure. Salesmen knowledge has nothing to do with the machine sitting on the lot either. Clearly there can be differences in quality of materials and quality control at manufacturing of parts, and assembly of the machine. There can be just plain old superior design too. No doubt Kubota has reputation for quality materials, design, and fit finish and assembly, over many decades now. I think Kubota had to be clearly better than JD to get a foot in the market in those years, and I don't think the difference was opinion about color, one brand was clearly a better built and designed machine and less problematic, to achieve that following, it was real. If any manufacture has made a splash in the tractor market for quality, fit, finish, new design and dealer support over the last few years it's been LS not Kioti. Not sure why Kioti didn't make that splash, but it never did, and that's just a fact, not sure why. HS

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #23  
Regarding badmouthing your competition: Just look at political attack ads.
People who buy those attack ads want results and they don't like to waste money. They wouldn't spend all those millions if the ads didn't work.

Last edited:
   / Bad mouthing a Kioti? #24  
Regarding badmouthing your competition: Just look at political attack ads. Business want results and they don't like to waste money. They wouldn't spend all those billions of dollars if it didn't work.
I don't expect any dealer to praise their completion. That's clearly not good for business, don't expect it. I've never seen a anti Kioti ad, guess I missed it. HS

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #25  
HS, in many of your historical posts you make statements that the rest of your post cannot support.
I believe that is why you tend to make so many "not friends" on TBN.

Now if you would lend some data to the "facts" you stated are in play I would be more than willing to read them and make my own judgment.

I try to not believe every word someone says is fact.....

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #26  
HS, in many of your historical posts you make statements that the rest of your post cannot support. I believe that is why you tend to make so many "not friends" on TBN. Now if you would lend some data to the "facts" you stated are in play I would be more than willing to read them and make my own judgment. I try to not believe every word someone says is fact.....
Example, please. HS

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #27  
Clearly you are correct, any machine can have a failure. Salesmen knowledge has nothing to do with the machine sitting on the lot either. Clearly there can be differences in quality of materials and quality control at manufacturing of parts, and assembly of the machine. There can be just plain old superior design too. No doubt Kubota has reputation for quality materials, design, and fit finish and assembly, over many decades now. I think Kubota had to be clearly better than JD to get a foot in the market in those years, and I don't think the difference was opinion about color, one brand was clearly a better built and designed machine and less problematic, to achieve that following, it was real. If any manufacture has made a splash in the tractor market for quality, fit, finish, new design and dealer support over the last few years it's been LS not Kioti. Not sure why Kioti didn't make that splash, but it never did, and that's just a fact, not sure why. HS

Here is the last one

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #28  
Here is the last one
Well, I guess you are free to reference the facts you have showing me wrong. Go ahead. http://www.lsmtron.com/pdf/Tractor.pdf

Kubota was the first agricultural machinery manufacturing company in Japan to receive the prestigious "Deming Award," for manufacturing excellence. In 1992, Kubota Corporation received the "Sankei Newspaper Award" as partof the first Global Environment Awards, recognizing the Company’s continuing contribution to protection of environment. (more information at KUBOTA Global Site)

HS

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #29  
as I stated, and you wonder why even when you are correct no one ever takes your side

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #30  
as I stated, and you wonder why even when you are correct no one ever takes your side
Not looking for someone to take my side. Just call balls and strikes. Yeah, I'm not bashing Kioti either, I'm sure it's a good machine that deserves better press. Starting threads like this on a tractor forum may be the worst thing people can do to create a positive image of Kioti. The op has shot himself in the foot and doesn't even realize he's his brands worst enemy. The only bad mouthing I see here is about Kubota and JD dealers. I deal with two Kubota dears with the equipment I own and both have been very knowledgable and spot on every-time. And the relationship and support my son has got at RCO tractor in his LS U5030 purchase has been over the top great. HS.

Last edited: