Bad mouthing a Kioti?

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #31  
I, like most others, shopped around before making my final decision. New Holland was too expensive to comparable others except Deere. Deere was too expensive and the only dealer to bash others in justifying his higher price. He wasn't very friendly in general anyway and I doubt it had anything to do with what color tractor he was selling. Yanmar and Kioti dealer was same person and told me his bread and butter was Kioti although at the time I was leaning toward the Yanmar line, but he didn't bust anyone else's chops. I just didn't know anything about Kioti at the time, but would probably take a harder look the next time around. Kubota dealer didn't say anything bad about any of them and even said if I were wanting a 100+HP machine that he'd point me to Deere.

I went with the Kubota for the value and the dealer/service. No slam on the other machines. I think they are all great and I'd have been happy with any of them.

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #32  
Well, I guess you are free to reference the facts you have showing me wrong. Go ahead. http://www.lsmtron.com/pdf/Tractor.pdf

Kubota was the first agricultural machinery manufacturing company in Japan to receive the prestigious "Deming Award," for manufacturing excellence. In 1992, Kubota Corporation received the "Sankei Newspaper Award" as partof the first Global Environment Awards, recognizing the Company’s continuing contribution to protection of environment. (more information at KUBOTA Global Site)

HS

How's that to say that Kioti did not make a splash?? I see many new Kioti owners on this Forum.

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #33  
How's that to say that Kioti did not make a splash?? I see many new Kioti owners on this Forum.
Well, I guess you think selling a tractor is making a splash, so for you they are making a splash. Many new owners on the forum proves it, not going to argue what you have already perceived as a splash. HS

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #34  
I think he was speaking of global recognition from the press not necessarily individual owner praise or even purchases.
Individual purchases seem to be more regional and depends on amount of and location of dealers. Mahindra claims to sell more tractors than any one but where are the sales at?
For example, my area has no Kioti dealer within 70+ miles of me. When I bought my LS it was the same with Mahindra although now there is a dealer about 20 miles away, right next to the new NEW HOLLAND dealer lot that was also not in existence in 2010.

I don't think any of the major brands are any worse or better than the others at this point. The Chinese made ones seem to be of hit or miss quality (based on TBN owners comments only) but I think they are genuinely trying to up their quality and image as a good manufacturer. If current trend continues, it looks like Deere and others will be moving more and more of their manufacturing to China because of cheap labor and lots of it. This does not bode well for the USA however.

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #35  
Not looking for someone to take my side. Just call balls and strikes. Yeah, I'm not bashing Kioti either, I'm sure it's a good machine that deserves better press. Starting threads like this on a tractor forum may be the worst thing people can do to create a positive image of Kioti. The op has shot himself in the foot and doesn't even realize he's his brands worst enemy. The only bad mouthing I see here is about Kubota and JD dealers. I deal with two Kubota dears with the equipment I own and both have been very knowledgable and spot on every-time. And the relationship and support my son has got at RCO tractor in his LS U5030 purchase has been over the top great. HS.

I don't understand how letting people know that badmouthing without facts of other brands is something that should be taken into consideration when shopping for a tractor would be detrimental to a certain brand. Personally I have witnessed many times people who are less knowledgeable about things be steered into buying something that they could have done much better with an other brand or even just a different salesman simply by putting too much undeserved trust into what the salesman told them.
I think posting that brand bashing without foundation is not so uncommon and could be used by a salesman will serve to only help anyone looking for a machine and not actually hurt any brand.

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #36  
Well, I guess you are free to reference the facts you have showing me wrong. Go ahead. http://www.lsmtron.com/pdf/Tractor.pdf

Kubota was the first agricultural machinery manufacturing company in Japan to receive the prestigious "Deming Award," for manufacturing excellence. In 1992, Kubota Corporation received the "Sankei Newspaper Award" as partof the first Global Environment Awards, recognizing the Company痴 continuing contribution to protection of environment. (more information at KUBOTA Global Site)

HS

LOL, HS seems to have heavily edited this post since I replied to it.
But I am curious, what day did HS become an greenie?

:laughing:

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #37  
first off no 2 dealers are the same no matter what they sell. Unless you are a skilled mechanic with all the necessary equipment buying from a local dealer should be the first consideration. Second is what features you require to do your work. Third, read reviews from as many places as you can find, not just the company website. Be honest with yourself and avoid peer pressure. Bigger is not better and smaller seldom will satisfy. List your needs then purchase the correct size. Try and not read the promotional propaganda, just the facts. Trying to find a true USA CUT I think is impossible, correct me if this is untrue, I do not consider assembled in the USA to be manufactured in the USA. Bolting a Korean made engine onto an Indian made transmission mounting it on a China made frame does not meet the requirement of "Made in the USA" in my opinion.

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #38  
LOL, HS seems to have heavily edited this post since I replied to it. But I am curious, what day did HS become an greenie? :laughing:
HS has always been a greenie. Don't mistake belief in a hoax as being green. HS

/ Bad mouthing a Kioti? #39  
first off no 2 dealers are the same no matter what they sell. Unless you are a skilled mechanic with all the necessary equipment buying from a local dealer should be the first consideration. Second is what features you require to do your work. Third, read reviews from as many places as you can find, not just the company website. Be honest with yourself and avoid peer pressure. Bigger is not better and smaller seldom will satisfy. List your needs then purchase the correct size. Try and not read the promotional propaganda, just the facts. Trying to find a true USA CUT I think is impossible, correct me if this is untrue, I do not consider assembled in the USA to be manufactured in the USA. Bolting a Korean made engine onto an Indian made transmission mounting it on a China made frame does not meet the requirement of "Made in the USA" in my opinion.

AMEN Lock, very well stated post!