Ball hitch for tractor.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #11  
I've read a good many people having issues with the three point moving upward. You guys haven't had this issue at all? My trailer is also heavy....I can't pick up the tongue when it is sitting level. I don't weld but you can find the triangular hitches for the 3 point for about $50 so that may be the way to go. I guess you could also run a small chain from the bottom of one of these to the drawbar mount to keep the lift arms from floating.

I have no idea how many times I've used my hitch to move trailers of all sizes shapes and descriptions. I've never had my 3pt lift. If backing a heavy load such as my 28+4 GN tandem axle tandem wheel trailer with 4 ton of material on it I make sure to keep my 3pt low.

I suggest you purchase and use whatever type you feel you can control.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #12  
I bought a cheap under bumper receiver at Harbor Freight for $20. I then flipped it upside down and mounted it to the top of my FEL bucket. I then use about a 8"drop and it's a snap. Just drive in, pick it up, and go. It's very maneuverable and great visibility.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #13  
I've read a good many people having issues with the three point moving upward. You guys haven't had this issue at all? My trailer is also heavy....I can't pick up the tongue when it is sitting level. I don't weld but you can find the triangular hitches for the 3 point for about $50 so that may be the way to go. I guess you could also run a small chain from the bottom of one of these to the drawbar mount to keep the lift arms from floating.

No upward movement at all. I have 3 trailers I move from time to time. The lightest has about 500# of tongue weight, the heaviest tongue is about 1200#. I do the same as Richard, back up, lift and move, drop trailer without getting off the seat. I do have a grab hook, clevis and a pipe to store the hitch when not in use. The hitch fits my HF quick hitch or any 3 pt. tractor. You can easily add a safety chain if you are worried about the trailer tongue being too light and lifting.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #14  
I would put it on the loader. I have a contraption that slips over my pallet forks and we use it to move trailers all the time. Works great and is really easy to put the trailer where I want it as I am going forward.

We have about six trailers and at least one or more of them gets moved weekly this way from the single axle bumper pull to my 32' tandem dual gooseneck and even my 53' semi trailer.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #15  
I have never done it but I have been thinking about it, grabbing a cutting torch and cutting a hole in one of my pallet forks. When I bought mine a few old farmers were talking about it, cut a hole, add a ball and move around trailers.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #16  
I use this, homemade.

Attachments

• image-2452368986.jpg
    image-2452368986.jpg
    680.9 KB · Views: 350
   / Ball hitch for tractor. #17  
IMG_6616.JPG
IMG_6615.JPGIMG_6613.JPGIMG_6614.JPGIMG_6612.JPG

I just googled it, wow there's a few diff ways to use pallet forks to move trailers.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #18  
I have never done it but I have been thinking about it, grabbing a cutting torch and cutting a hole in one of my pallet forks. When I bought mine a few old farmers were talking about it, cut a hole, add a ball and move around trailers.

I would not recommend it. I did this and while it worked the heavy tongue loads on some trailers bent that fork with the ball in it down slightly. Not a lot but it is maybe 1" lower than the other fork. Makes it a pain when trying to pick up things with the forks as they are no longer even.

Just weld something up out of channel that slips over both forks and has a ball in the middle. I built mine from scrap in less than an hour.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #19  
I have a 3ph one. No issues here either.

Most trailers have enough tongue weight it's a non issue. Only cause for concern would be breaking while going down hill. I can see that causing the hitch to raise. Other than that....no issue. When just moving trailers around, I also never get off the seat. No need to couple or raise the jack if just moving them around the yard.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #20  
I know this question has been asked a million times but what is the cheapest way to hook a ball hitch to a tractor. I have a new 19' flatbed trailer that takes up a bay in my tractor shed. Sometimes I need to get it out/ put it back (tight fit) and doing it with the truck is a pain, especially when I'm alone. I see the three point deals but assume they will go upward since the three point hitch arms are not fixed in place.

Drawbar between the three point hitch arms would have the same problem.

I'm assuming that using the fixed draw bar would be cheap, but not sure if the trailer tongue would allow good mobility that close in behind the tractor.

I've seem hitches that attach to the bucket. Seems that would be touchy to maneuver.

Interested in what you guys use. Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 3PH going upward? Do you mean since the 3PH floats if you put weight on the trailer the 3PH will go up? If I use a tractor to load or unload a trailer I chains the trailer mover to the drawbar.

You can see the key hole on the back of the trailer mover in this pic.

[URL=http://s278.photobucket.com/user/NHRAx1320/media/Trailer/20150831_180901_zpsswel5tvm.jpg.html]