Ball hitch for tractor.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #21  
   / Ball hitch for tractor. #22  
Here is my trailer receiver. It's just fabricated from a drawbar and receiver tube. I drilled an extra hole so it's reversible depending on whether I want to hitch close or farther away. In general I don't have a problem with the three point going up but if I'm loading something on the trailer and don't want to worry about weight distribution, I have about 200 lbs of concrete "suitcase" weights I can put on the drawbar.

hitch1.jpg

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #23  
I know this question has been asked a million times but what is the cheapest way to hook a ball hitch to a tractor. I have a new 19' flatbed trailer that takes up a bay in my tractor shed. Sometimes I need to get it out/ put it back (tight fit) and doing it with the truck is a pain, especially when I'm alone. I see the three point deals but assume they will go upward since the three point hitch arms are not fixed in place.

Drawbar between the three point hitch arms would have the same problem.

I'm assuming that using the fixed draw bar would be cheap, but not sure if the trailer tongue would allow good mobility that close in behind the tractor.

I've seem hitches that attach to the bucket. Seems that would be touchy to maneuver.

Interested in what you guys use. Thanks.

Cheapest, you ask?

I think I win the prize with this one:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/249514-very-simple-trailer-mover.html

It's for light trailers.

For moving trailer in and out of a barn you can't beat a front end hitch.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #25  
This what I bought. I can even move my 24' gooseneck deck over with it.IMG_0613.JPGIMG_0614.JPG

Has worked great for me. I usually keep the forks on all the time to move hay bales for the horses.IMG_0615.JPGIMG_0616.JPG

Last edited:
   / Ball hitch for tractor. #28  
I just pop a ball on my stationary drawbar and it works.

Quite honestly - I really don't favor the ball/receiver type of hitch. I had a faulty receiver and "lost" a trailer loaded with firewood. Fortunately, it was on my property and I was only going about 2 1/2 mph.

I prefer the farm wagon style hitch - double strap with holes for large locking pin. I feel it is safer/stronger for any wagon being used strictly on-property.

/ Ball hitch for tractor. #29  
For backing up in tight places this work well for me.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 227