bar oil test

/ bar oil test
My grandfather apparently just kept around some used motor oil that he'd feed through the chainsaw. You can't go much cheaper than that!!! However, your calculation that a few gallons would pay for a new chain and bar as needed probably makes sense.
I do some pruning and firewood, but I don't think I've ever worn out a chain or a bar. I personally like new oil because it is cleaner. However, I don't get too picky. Perhaps I'll try to hunt down some of the Harvest King that did well in the Project Farm tests.
Used motor oil is a proven carcinogen. I won't and wouldn't suggest anyone using that stuff.

/ bar oil test #52  
Do we know if there are two incomes and not YT is his sole income. Even if two incomes, depending on how his "Business" YT is setup If sole proprietorship. The YT income would be considered personal income. So either way it is still "out of pocket"

He had to have a previous job at some point he is 52, his channel started in 2017, you don't make money right away on YT so one should assume he had two incomes at one point these things work in a transition. Today his channel is definitely a business he files tax as YT being a source of income and his videos expenses as a tax break. call it out of pocket if you want I call it from youtube revenue.

1704823611895.png

1704824773304.png

/ bar oil test #53  
So you are offended because he is using his "Business" account to purchase items for his "Business"
Not at all. I don't care what he does actually. Just pointing out what / where he derives income from. You can do the same thing if you want to, I care less. If you did, it's highly doubtful I'd ever watch your video's anyway.

All I'm doing is distilling what he does and how he does it. Just like Andrew Camarata who I don't ever watch anyway.

His term 'I pay for all this stuff myself and I'm not sponsored by anyone' is sort of a half truth, half lie.

He don't buy all that stuff on his 'allowance' by any means. Just like his wear scar machine and his 'deep freeze'. That stuff came about from his earnings from YT click through's

YT pays creators for their content based in views and subscriptions and the Pateron deal is added income for selling Gee-Gaw to their subscribers.

Not something I'm interested in at all.

In essence, it's nothing more than creative marketing and again, I care less.

Take a helluva lot more to offend me that him, or you for that matter.

/ bar oil test #54  
Not at all. I don't care what he does actually. Just pointing out what / where he derives income from. You can do the same thing if you want to, I care less. If you did, it's highly doubtful I'd ever watch your video's anyway.

All I'm doing is distilling what he does and how he does it. Just like Andrew Camarata who I don't ever watch anyway.

His term 'I pay for all this stuff myself and I'm not sponsored by anyone' is sort of a half truth, half lie.

He don't buy all that stuff on his 'allowance' by any means. Just like his wear scar machine and his 'deep freeze'. That stuff came about from his earnings from YT click through's

YT pays creators for their content based in views and subscriptions and the Pateron deal is added income for selling Gee-Gaw to their subscribers.

Not something I'm interested in at all.

In essence, it's nothing more than creative marketing and again, I care less.

Take a helluva lot more to offend me that him, or you for that matter.
(y)

/ bar oil test #55  
He had to have a previous job at some point he is 52, his channel started in 2017, you don't make money right away on YT so one should assume he had two incomes at one point these things work in a transition. Today his channel is definitely a business he files tax as YT being a source of income and his videos expenses as a tax break. call it out of pocket if you want I call it from youtube revenue.

View attachment 845740

View attachment 845741
Sure ain't in it for the 'beer'. It don't have to be publically known anyway. All I know is, he's making some serious jack, just like Andrew Camarata and Scott Kilmer and others.

Again, I don't care and more power to them so long as the YT 'gravy train continues.

/ bar oil test #56  
One thing for certain, he needs to scrap the 'Farmabago' and get a real motor home. He can afford it.

/ bar oil test #57  
Keep in mind that the guy on 'Project Farm derives income from YT every time you view his YT channel. I suspect strongly that he buys all the stuff he uses from his YT income and not directly out of pocket at all. He always says 'I'm not sponsored by anyone and I buy all the stuff used in my testing myself'. What he don't ever allude to is where that income to buy the stuff is coming from. I know, from his YT profit.
Yep, that is how Youtube works.

His point is that he isn't getting samples sent to him from manufacturers wanting him to promote their products. He isn't getting paid to advertise a specific vendor's product.

I.E. Unbiased testing.

Other channels either subtly, or not so subtly put product promotions in their videos.

It is quite possible that if you're watching a car maintenance video, and they're showing you brands or suppliers that they've been given significant discounts to use those brands, or even are getting paid to use them. I'm trying to think of specific examples. I think a few of the Motortrend videos are like that. TruckU?

In this case, Project Farm has no vested interested to promote Stihl, Oregon, or Harvest King. He'll tell you what he found, as well as his testing procedure that you should be able to replicate if you wish.

/ bar oil test #58  
YT and other social media sites are all about money and nothing more in reality.

I do watch other video's and subscribe to none of them/ I always get a kick out of watching what the camera 'sees' that they don't see.

/ bar oil test #59  
For me, strictly entertainment and not much more in reality. Just a diversion from the mundane and a time killer like today, when it's raining out.

Getting back to the bar oil thing, like I stated earlier on, I use the 2 finger test with bar oil and so far, the cheap Menards brand is just fine.

I would NEVER use used motor oil in any saw to lubricate the bar, cancer causing or not regardless. I prefer using used motor oil in my waste oil furnace or as an accelerant to start my scrap wood fires.

Today, just breathing can cause cancer or so I'm told.

/ bar oil test #60  
One thing for certain, he needs to scrap the 'Farmabago' and get a real motor home. He can afford it.
I'm trying to remember which videos it was used in. I think he was pulling it around the field with winches. Not necessarily something to do with your million dollar Marathon Coach. Oops, I managed to damage the bumper!!!

He also has pushed vehicles off of jack stands. Perhaps a good test for your new pickup or SUV, but I'd probably choose one that wasn't worth $100K.