Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,691  
Not at all..but when you refuse to see an opposing viewpoint….. Again I said it is important to have the perspectives and I said there are those on this thread of the opposite confirmation bias opinions….

Seeing and agreeing are two different perspectives. When some posters post ignorant statements they need to be corrected.

Again, if I never owned or operated a tractor and was giving advice on this forum based on news articles I would be laughed at, and rightfully so.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#16,692  
Seeing and agreeing are two different perspectives. When some posters post ignorant statements they need to be corrected.

Again, if I never owned or operated a tractor and was giving advice on this forum based on news articles I would be laughed at, and rightfully so.

I agree.

I have seen ignorance here from both perspectives, are you saying that is not the case?

This really isnt a thread about advice. This is a thread about discussing EVs and related technology.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,693  
I don't. What's the point of worrying? I've been abiding by a monthly budget for 30 years now.

As long as I'm under budget I'm good, life is good.

It concerns me like Iran having nuclear capability would concern me. It's not about me and myself. It's about my country and all of it's people. Many of which are struggling with government spending induced inflation. Their lives, futures, and our economy as a whole. I could look at my accounts growing by $250k each year and "not worry", because I'm fine. But life isn't all about me, or my budget, or my comfort. Anything else seems awfully cynical, and self centered.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,694  

Two of the biggest influences that cause bias are...Pride....and Money.
Now many of us EV realists have no skin in the game, your right, but therefore we are not influenced by any product investment we made depreciating rapidly, or our stock market investment losing ground. We also have very little "Pride" in the game, our relatives and neighbors and friends won't maybe feel less of us because we might of made a mistake buying something radically different. Some Tesla owners here ( not all) do however let both those factors over ride rational, reasonable debate of the positives and negatives...... Now ironically I am probably on your ignore list , so you won't read this, but I will let it stand in hopes you will drop the third common factor " ignorance" .

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#16,695  
Now many of us EV realists have no skin in the game, your right, but therefore we are not influenced by any investment we made depreciating , or our Tesla stock market investment losing ground. We also have very little "Pride" in the game, our relatives and neighbors and friends won't maybe feel less of us because we might of made a mistake buying something radically different.
Just have to be careful with confirmation bias....it still factors in even if there is no Pride or Money involved. I buy Kubota, I made good decisions, and those that didn't buy Kubota made a bad decision. Anytime I see a post where someone has tractor troubles and it's not a Kubota I reinforce my bias. Same with ICE vehicles vs EVs. There is still bias for ICE vehicle owners......trying to confirm that the new car we just bought was a good choice.

Im not saying it wasn't a good choice...but this is where the bias can creep in. There are EV owners in this thread that have their own bias against brands other than Tesla. This is also confirmation bias.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,696  
It concerns me like Iran having nuclear capability would concern me. It's not about me and myself. It's about my country and all of it's people. Many of which are struggling with government spending induced inflation. Their lives, futures, and our economy as a whole. I could look at my accounts growing by $250k each year and "not worry", because I'm fine. But life isn't all about me, or my budget, or my comfort. Anything else seems awfully cynical, and self centered.

Why worry about what you can't control? That's a recipe for an early grave.

Many demonic controlled countries (ours included) are on the path of destruction and there is nothing you and I can do about it. It's all predicted in the Bible and the good guys win in the end.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,697  
I agree.

I have seen ignorance here from both perspectives, are you saying that is not the case?

This really isn't a thread about advice. This is a thread about discussing EVs and related technology.

Definition of ignorance: lack of knowledge, education, or awareness.

If you are honest you haven't seen much ignorance from EV owners on this thread. Mostly from non-EV owners with an agenda of some sort.

Until I owned my first EV I bought into the negativity. I took a chance and its the best decision I've ever made. Who wouldn't like to have their own fuel station at their house?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,698  
The warranty is 10 years/150,000 miles in CARB states.
You already proved yourself wrong and you’re not going to admit it, or to apologize for your name calling while you’re wrong, so to correct your misinformation for the open minded people here, I’ve got more proof, for you to ignore….

Is there usually a warranty on the battery when I buy a new zero emission vehicle?
Yes. All automakers include a warranty on the battery and most have at a minimum an 8-year/100,000-mile battery warranty. The battery warranty is not required by regulation at this time; however, the Advanced Clean Cars II regulations do include provisions to require automakers to include a minimum warranty on the battery of 8-years/100,000 miles”

Any current EV warranty manuals..

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,699  
1710785957543.png

Looks like some name calling kids here , need to look in the mirror

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,700  
Definition of ignorance: lack of knowledge, education, or awareness.

If you are honest you haven't seen much ignorance from EV owners on this thread. Mostly from non-EV owners with an agenda of some sort.

Until I owned my first EV I bought into the negativity. I took a chance and it’s the best decision I've ever made. Who wouldn't like to have their own fuel station at their house?
The irony of You…defining “ignorance”…..after demonstrating it so well this morning.

Priceless😏