Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,211  
xBH2Kd7h.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,212  
I know EV’s try to use regenerative , over friction braking, as much as possible, but that persistent outer diameter surface rust pattern on the disc looks odd, considering you just drove it. Maybe the pads aren’t aligned flat with the disc yet? Maybe need to be bedded in more?
1714734913877.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,213  
If you just put them up in your house, dirt cheap. Panels are super cheap on marketplace. I'm still working that out though.

I put solar on my shop and MOST things run on solar/battery in the shop. Nothing 220, and nothing really high current like a boost battery charger, 110 welder, belt sander....stuff like that. Most of that is because my inverter, 3000w is running at about max. My system is all DIY. You learn a great deal when you build it yourself.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,214  
I know EV’s try to use regenerative , over friction braking, as much as possible, but that persistent outer diameter surface rust pattern on the disc looks odd, considering you just drove it. Maybe the pads aren’t aligned flat with the disc yet? Maybe need to be bedded in more?
View attachment 865575
The weird Triangle rims show too much brake disc too......
IMO

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,215  
View attachment 865575
Yes, I think I'm going to turn regen braking off for a bit to better mate the pads and rotor.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,216  
Where are the lug nuts?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,217  
Yes, I think I'm going to turn regen braking off for a bit to better mate the pads and rotor.
Sometimes going down a grade with no traffic behind me I shift to N to disable Regen then apply the brakes to clear the surface.