Beat Juice Center of Gravity

/ Beat Juice Center of Gravity #21  
As an engineer.... there are to many things that you need to know that are not known in that attached PDF above. You first would need to know the bare machines exact center of gravity. Then you would need to know the resulting exact center of gravity for any and all implements. And finally you could make some basic assumptions and fairly accurately calc out the effect of the tires being filled to the top of the wheel. But to me, there are far to many things that would need to be told to me first by the design engineers, or I would need model the entire thing in solid with dimensions and material types... it's not a simple question of what effect does the liquid ballast have.... you can't say because you have no clue where you are starting from so that you can begin to calc out the effects.

correct, that's why I called it a teaser. My electronics and nuc. background don't really qualify me for mechanical stuff, just SWAG's.

/ Beat Juice Center of Gravity #22  
-20F windshield washer fluid is the cheapest way to go
Rimguard is the heaviest, but way more expensive than WW fluid.
I have only had two leaks in 50 years of owning tractors
WW fluid is so cheap that I can live with just replacing the WW fluid if need be.
It might be that you cannot find -20F WW fluid in Texas though.

Depending on what part of TX, he may not even be able to get RG. Here in TN, the closest dealer is north of the KY/TN line.

That was 3 years ago. Who knows where it is now. Why don't we know? Because the retarded RG web site doesn't show where their dealers are located. Totally retarded in this day and age.

/ Beat Juice Center of Gravity #23  
What oosik said about not noticing much diff between weighting wheels vs tires, and btw that o'all CG isn't going to get as low as axle-center height with either option. Still have to pick one or the other.

So, if we've narrowed realistic choices down to WW fluid, beet juice, or wheel weights, which one has 0% financing? :D

Why does it have to be either liquid or wheel weights? Why not both?

I couldn't stomach the cost of iron or steel wheel weights, so I made my own out of lead, steel and concrete:

vCWA5sE.jpg

cdwXNK4.jpg

About 250 lbs each for a total of 500 lbs. That compares to 47 gallons in each wheel or 752 lbs. of liquid.

/ Beat Juice Center of Gravity #24  
Where is your Nuke-U-Leer background from?
I currently spend my days at Beaver Valley, we are in the midst of 2R20 as I type....
I am Technical Services Engineering, Site NDE Level III.