Bedliners?

/ Bedliners? #21  
Never had a spray in liner but sure was impressed with the Rhino ones sprayed in friends trucks. Last truck came with a drop in liner and I gave it away. Have had a sheet of 1" plywood cut to fit with a 1/2" rubber liner that's been used in my last 4 trucks wheel wells get a few dents but the bed sure doesn't & nothing slides.

/ Bedliners? #22  
I still haven't seen a product that offers the same "slide when you want it to, grip when you don't" behavior of the factory paint, so my truck (now 2+ years old) has no bedliner. Every product I have looked at is either too slippery or too grippy. I mostly move building materials like lumber, concrete blocks, bags of concrete/mortar, etc.

/ Bedliners? #23  
On second spray in and totally would never had another drop in, rather have sheet of plywood. But if you want to be able to drop the tailgate, get rolling and hit the brakes to unload get the drop in. If you want to keep most items in place when hauling get the spray in or tie cargo down. I have slipped on wet drop in bed liners, never on spray in liners. I can set especially metal gas can in my spray in bed and it will be there 99% of the time where I set it when I lift it out. Drop in, never. If I were hauling say central a/c unites might go with drop in for loading and unloading ease.

/ Bedliners? #24  
I have had several trucks with drop-ins and never had a problem with rust underneath. Yes they will rub some paint off but you should see what they do to your bed before they spray one in. They have to rough that surface up a bit and that means course sanding. I haul large firewood in mine and I love being able to slide them instead of them sticking to the truck bed. The bed liners have pockets for boards to slide into if I don't want stuff to slide.

/ Bedliners? #25  
I had the Rhino in my 2004 Tundra. 11 years and it still looked good. I don't ever haul anything that requires protections from impact, so I don't know how it would have held up to that-but no scratches or gouges.
The dealership I bought my 2015 Tundra from has a relationship with a Line-X dealer. After a year, so far so good.

Will

/ Bedliners? #26  
What about rolling them in? My truck has a drop in, don't like it and all the space lost. I know prep is key.

All the roll on products I have seen are junk.

With the prep steps being the same spray in is actually quicker to apply than roll on. The kits I get come with a disposable spray gun that works quite well if you have a compressor.

Chris

/ Bedliners? #27  
Is anybody familiar with Bed Rug? Their advertising says it's good, of course. It does appear to be pretty nice and rugged, not necessarily something you would use in a contractor truck.

/ Bedliners? #28  
Spray in. I do my own. I use a product called Raptor by Upol.

Takes a half a day to do it right.

Chris

Another vote for Raptor. Used it a few years back at Chris's recommendation here.
But that truck is long gone and I went with a BedRug. Very happy with that two years out also.

/ Bedliners? #29  
Is anybody familiar with Bed Rug? Their advertising says it's good, of course. It does appear to be pretty nice and rugged, not necessarily something you would use in a contractor truck.

As stated, I really like the BedRug. I'm a seamless gutter contractor. Always sliding boxes of downspout in, which probably isn't that big of a deal. But the boys at the local supply house are also always sliding in 350 pound rolls of gutter coil in on small wood skids because the forks aren't quite long enough to set the roll in and shut the tailgate. They have to get another bite and slide it in further. So far, so good after over 2 years of it.

/ Bedliners? #30  
It ALL depends on YOUR planned use. I drop firewood from a loader into the bed. Others will have a use that is much different and should use a different product.