Bedliners?

/ Bedliners? #41  
Not just treated lumber, all lumber. Treated lumber shrinks more because it has more moisture from treatment. Kiln dried shrinks less which is why the process is used. I'm looking at redecking my trailer this winter and I'm thinking about buying treated lumber now and letting dry some before installation.

That would make perfect sense and I would do the same before redecking if it were practical. One issue might be that the trailer makers would BUILD the frame originally to fit green lumber....and to make a tight fit for the second deck would require some ripping down of the new and dried lumber to get a tight fit.

/ Bedliners? #42  
I'm looking at redecking my trailer this winter and I'm thinking about buying treated lumber now and letting dry some before installation.

Make sure you put stickers (spacers) between layers of PT to allow for better air circulation. You might want to put straps on it to hold it flat also. Jon

/ Bedliners? #43  
Make sure you put stickers (spacers) between layers of PT to allow for better air circulation. You might want to put straps on it to hold it flat also. Jon

Good advice. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

/ Bedliners? #44  
I re-decked a trailer a heavy trailer with treated lumber but most here use oak lumber for those decks and many will put coat of used oil on it to help prevent rotting. My experience when treated pine dries it will also soak up some oil but not like dry oak.

/ Bedliners? #45  
Dupli Color from Oreilly. With military discount $65 for a gallon. I use a brush. I'm retired so I have the time.

/ Bedliners? #46  
Dupli Color from Oreilly. With military discount $65 for a gallon. I use a brush. I'm retired so I have the time.

I used Dupli Color. Looked OK, seemed to hold up, but it cracked and rusted underneath. When I get the rust holes repaired, I'm going to redo it with Herculiner.

/ Bedliners? #47  
I will have to measure my bedliner in relation to my utility trailer, mostly the width. It will only cover half the length though. Need to look at tractor bucket to see if it would fit between the wheel wells. Right now I can unload the trailer with my BX 2230 FEL. Maybe a sheet of plywood down on the floor might be easier to cover the floor cracks. It sure seems like they could have kept the floor boards closer to one another. Jon
My truck is 50 inches between the wheel wells. I doubt the bucket is going to fit.

/ Bedliners? #48  
My truck is 50 inches between the wheel wells. I doubt the bucket is going to fit.

I measured, but never updated here. Yeah between the wheel wells, around 50", but the overall width was too narrow for the inside of my trailer. Oh well. Jon