Best loader for L3400?

/ Best loader for L3400? #1  

backblade

Tractor
kubota l3400
Last year I purchased a Kubota L3400 without a loader (I wasn't thinking clearly). Now I decided to get a loader. My dealer offers three loaders: Kubota LA463, Bush Hog M246 and Woods 1008. Prices are pretty much the same- within one hundred dollars for all three. From reading the advertising literature it looks like the Bush Hog is the best because of the lift capacity, skid steer quick attach option and additional attachments. I talked to some people at my dealer and another dealer and opinions are divided as to which one would be better. I was told that the Kubota loader cycles faster than the other two but the Bush Hog is more heavy duty. Nobody knew anything about Woods.
If anybody has any practical experience with these Bush Hog or Woods loaders I would appreciate sharing your thoughts with me.

/ Best loader for L3400?
Last year I purchased a Kubota L3400 without a loader (I wasn't thinking clearly). Now I decided to get a loader. My dealer offers three loaders: Kubota LA463, Bush Hog M246 and Woods 1008. Prices are pretty much the same- within one hundred dollars for all three. From reading the advertising literature it looks like the Bush Hog is the best because of the lift capacity, skid steer quick attach option and additional attachments. I talked to some people at my dealer and another dealer and opinions are divided as to which one would be better. I was told that the Kubota loader cycles faster than the other two but the Bush Hog is more heavy duty. Nobody knew anything about Woods.
If anybody has any practical experience with these Bush Hog or Woods loaders I would appreciate sharing your thoughts with me.

/ Best loader for L3400? #3  
That Bush Hog model is a pretty generic model and can be used on several different manufacturer's tractors. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples regarding specs. The Bush Hog specs are what Bob Skurka calls fraudulent because the measuring point (the pins) is not realistic.

There have been plenty of posts regarding the M246, both pro and con. Make sure you do your homework before purchasing anything.

Just remember, if something does happen to the tractor that may be loader related, Kubota will not honor any warranty. This is one good reason to choose the Kubota loader over any other manufacturer's loader, especially when the prices are the same. The Kubota loader was designed for your tractor, the others were not.

/ Best loader for L3400? #4  
That Bush Hog model is a pretty generic model and can be used on several different manufacturer's tractors. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples regarding specs. The Bush Hog specs are what Bob Skurka calls fraudulent because the measuring point (the pins) is not realistic.

There have been plenty of posts regarding the M246, both pro and con. Make sure you do your homework before purchasing anything.

Just remember, if something does happen to the tractor that may be loader related, Kubota will not honor any warranty. This is one good reason to choose the Kubota loader over any other manufacturer's loader, especially when the prices are the same. The Kubota loader was designed for your tractor, the others were not.

/ Best loader for L3400? #5  
I have a M346 on my M4900. It hasn't let me down yet. As far as fraudelent specs by Bush Hog I disagree. I compared Kubota's to Bush Hog's and BH came out a little ahead. The custom fit of the Bush Hog isn't as good, but having the quick detach is nice. I don't think you can go wrong. Just pick the one that makes you happier.

/ Best loader for L3400? #6  
I have a M346 on my M4900. It hasn't let me down yet. As far as fraudelent specs by Bush Hog I disagree. I compared Kubota's to Bush Hog's and BH came out a little ahead. The custom fit of the Bush Hog isn't as good, but having the quick detach is nice. I don't think you can go wrong. Just pick the one that makes you happier.

/ Best loader for L3400? #7  
Backblade, your dealer does not realize that the LA463 can have a QA installed. Model #L2230A QA and the bucket need to have the QA plate welded on it.
Here is a link to pictures of mine. My pics

/ Best loader for L3400? #8  
Backblade, your dealer does not realize that the LA463 can have a QA installed. Model #L2230A QA and the bucket need to have the QA plate welded on it.
Here is a link to pictures of mine. My pics

/ Best loader for L3400? #9  
Whenever I see a thread asking what is the best loader for a tractor. I post a link to this thread. Click Here.
When ever there is a problem who is responsible for making it right. Get a <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> loader and avoid the hassle. As has been already said. You can get a Skid Steer attachment from several different after market companies. AIT is one company. Click Here

/ Best loader for L3400? #10  
Whenever I see a thread asking what is the best loader for a tractor. I post a link to this thread. Click Here.
When ever there is a problem who is responsible for making it right. Get a <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> loader and avoid the hassle. As has been already said. You can get a Skid Steer attachment from several different after market companies. AIT is one company. Click Here