Best online parts source??

/ Best online parts source?? #21  
I wish the dealers would figure out that the future is in customer service. I have become really annoyed with the local dealer who seems to not really care if I get what I need or not.

I have had this tractor for 15+years and unfortunately I did not live here when it was purchased. I have none the less tried to work with them. I get tired of them asking me about the serial # of my tractor or some other thing about it that I do not know off top of my head. START A FILE with my name on it. Make a form for me to complete that will list all pertinent data so when I call I just have to say my name and which tractor I am talking about. Become customer friendly.

Quit asking me if I bought it there. I do not care to know that if I had lived here when I bought it, and bought it from them, I would get a discount on the parts. You are basically telling me you do not care about me and just want to punish me and take my money.

Lastly, get the correct part when you say you are getting it. DO not tell me you are going to order it and then when I stop in a week later tell me "someone" made a mistake as you have no record of the order but will gladly place it RIGHT NOW. Do not tell me it is ordered, then when I stop in a week later tell me it is not in because you actually did not place the order yet because of a policy that you do not place the order until you get X amount of items so as to make your shipping more cost effective.

Yes, I will buy parts online if my local dealer wants me to. If I am too much trouble to him.

/ Best online parts source?? #23  
I wish the dealers would figure out that the future is in customer service. I have become really annoyed with the local dealer who seems to not really care if I get what I need or not.
This is my main complaint about many retailers . Auto and
Farm often consider there to be too many chances that a customer
will buy something different elsewhere next time anyway , so why
bother courting them for nothing , after getting the big sale ............

/ Best online parts source?? #24  
I use Tractorsmart, I too despise my local dealer. Had I known service would be this poor after the sale I would have bought blue or green.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Kubota, it's a great tractor, but my local dealer's parts and service dept are enough to make me consider other brands.

The Kubota dealer that wouldn't help with getting $400 of oil and parts to my truck is also a Blue dealer, and they treat everybody the same. I guess they can get away with it because the green dealer is much worse. I tried to buy green before I bought orange, and I have never been treated so badly anywhere. My Kubota came from a dealer much farther away. Nice people but too far to drive for oil and parts. UPS drops it off at my door AND thanks me.:)

/ Best online parts source?? #25  
Wow! I didn't know my post would strike so many nerves about local dealers. I feel very fortunate to live near Hugh C. Gardiner Kubota in Faulkner, MD.

/ Best online parts source?? #26  
I have used both Messick's and Tractorsmart, Great Service from both. I like a lot of others have poor to say the least local Dealers( Lack of appreciation and shoddy work)

/ Best online parts source?? #27  
I'm wondering if the service issue starts with Kubota itself. Virtually all dealings I've had with the company have been through the dealer, although I did discuss one issue with a company rep. early on. Seems the attitude is, "we're good, this is the way it is, take it or leave it". Furthermore, when ordering parts or accessories through the dealer I've sensed a totally laid back approach with no sense of urgency to serve the customer. Wonder if JD would've been better.

Bill

/ Best online parts source??
I'm wondering if the service issue starts with Kubota itself. Virtually all dealings I've had with the company have been through the dealer, although I did discuss one issue with a company rep. early on. Seems the attitude is, "we're good, this is the way it is, take it or leave it". Furthermore, when ordering parts or accessories through the dealer I've sensed a totally laid back approach with no sense of urgency to serve the customer. Wonder if JD would've been better.

Bill

I hear JD is worse. Kioti, OTOH...

JayC

/ Best online parts source?? #29  

Bill

Thanks for all the good words here guys. We're quite in tune to the fact that good service builds your business and we have an excellent staff that understands that as well.

As for the post above, none of the manufacturers are setup to deal directly with the bulk of customers. Dealers are the front line, its what we do. If I do my job right you should never need to contact the OEM. Thats why the equipment is only as good as the place you buy it from.

/ Best online parts source?? #30  
Thanks for all the good words here guys. We're quite in tune to the fact that good service builds your business and we have an excellent staff that understands that as well.

As for the post above, none of the manufacturers are setup to deal directly with the bulk of customers. Dealers are the front line, its what we do. If I do my job right you should never need to contact the OEM. Thats why the equipment is only as good as the place you buy it from.

I wish Messick's was around here. I have such a laundry list of things that have been messed up it's hard for me to recommend Kubota because of the dealer. As much as I love the Kubota, and it's a great product, it's hard knowing service after the sale will be a headache.

My personal favorite...... Dealer put the loader on when I bought it. Tractor developed a front axle leak at the hub so I looked underneath. Noticed the front driveshaft was ground down. It was hitting the nut on one of the loader mounting bolts when the axle would swing over. Dealer claimed they never heard of that happening and "didn't know what to tell me". I found on this site that it should have been nut out for clearance. When they attempted to fix the axle leak they flipped the bolt around, and REUSED then nut and bolt. I mean, come on, the threads on the end of the bolt and part of the nut were ground off, just replace it.....