Best place to buy sprayer chemicals

/ Best place to buy sprayer chemicals #21  
Keystonepestsolutions.com if it hasn't been mentioned. Good prices and great service

/ Best place to buy sprayer chemicals #22  
I have a private applicators license for CO and spray my and neighbors property to keep weeds at bay. If you don't spray the neighbors, the weeds will be back quickly. Cant speak to use in other states, however I'm really interested in gallon of 2-4d for $13. Where was that purchased? What brand did you buy? Ester or amine? I assume its non-augmented. Whats the percentage of active ingredient in that gallon?

/ Best place to buy sprayer chemicals #23  
That's defiantly interesting. I have never heard of such. I wonder exactly what their problem with 2,4-D is?

Its my understanding that cotton is very sensitive to 2,4-D, so much so that spraying is illegal during certain times of the year in some counties.

/ Best place to buy sprayer chemicals #24  
Its my understanding that cotton is very sensitive to 2,4-D, so much so that spraying is illegal during certain times of the year in some counties.
Drift, volatilization, and temperature inversions are your worst enemy. Understand those and control what you can and you can spray whatever you want and wherever.

/ Best place to buy sprayer chemicals #25  
In our area, non licensed applicators are limited to one gallon. They record the sale, including drivers license information. If you want more, you have to have a valid applicators license... but you can buy all the "weed be gone" yard spray without license.

Often, licensed applicators have access to higher concentrates, so a gallon of the good stuff goes much further..
Here in Arkansas, a licensed applicator test can be done online for those with a farm number. Once the certification is complete, you can then buy the professional grade of chemicals. They are much better than the box store versions at killing weeds and pests.

/ Best place to buy sprayer chemicals #26  
Are certain states really that strict? Its a misconception in sc that the licensed applicators have a much more extensive arsenal and I have my license. There is nothing that I use that requires a licence, except for atrazine on corn. Get some 2,4-d and triclopyr or (crossbow). Even the grazonnext isn't restricted except ny,ca and one other, but that isn't surprising. The tsc herbicides are weak, but the stronger stuff is readily available and cheaper. I just ordered $800 worth from keystone and it saved me a lot and I didn't have to drive to go get it...

/ Best place to buy sprayer chemicals #27  
thanks for all the information. My biggest problems are prickly poppies, a spiky form of nightshade and a really tall (8ft) feathery plant that basically took over all the fields before we bought the place. I tried to identify it, but without much luck. Last year I had to bushhog through these things and it was higher than me and the tractor. The area I've sprayed last weekend with pasture pro has killed these off, but if I'm having to buy it by the quart, then it's going to cost way too much. I am careful about reading the label, but I have to kill of these weeds otherwise they'll take over.
I'm not sure about grazon as the data sheet I saw said that it killed off fruit trees and peas and beans. I'm still researching but now I have more sources to look for.

thanks for all the information

Pete

My smart phone has an App that will identify plants just by opening the App and taking a picture of the plant.

/ Best place to buy sprayer chemicals #28  
My smart phone has an App that will identify plants just by opening the App and taking a picture of the plant.

What app do you have? I found a couple on the interweb.

/ Best place to buy sprayer chemicals #29  
What app do you have? I found a couple on the interweb.

Shucks, I forgot that. I found it in the play store. It's called ..... myGardenAnswers

/ Best place to buy sprayer chemicals #30  

I'm in South Ga so we are all about cotton and peanuts. I have had many of the old timers tell me that some of the early versions of 2,4-D was bad to fog & drift. I have heard stories about it settling on a pond and turning it over. It doesn't seem to be that big of a risk today, at least I have had not any issues or heard of any.

Well, there could also be some varieties grown in TX that are more acceptable to damage than others.

All this talk are chemical license got me thinking that I need to check mine. Glad I did, it's about to expire.