Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe?

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #61  
I beleve the JD 2210 is larger than the BX1500. The JD 2210 is more in line with the BX2200 or BX2300. John Deere dosen't have a backhoe for the 2210. The replacement for the 2210 is the Jd 2305.
New Holland and Case IH make nice ones and Cub Cadet

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #62  
I beleve the JD 2210 is larger than the BX1500. The JD 2210 is more in line with the BX2200 or BX2300. John Deere dosen't have a backhoe for the 2210. The replacement for the 2210 is the Jd 2305.
New Holland and Case IH make nice ones and Cub Cadet

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #63  
Kubota 2230 would be more apples to apples.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #64  
Kubota 2230 would be more apples to apples.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #65  
This is a small detail, but don't tell the dealer you want to be pulling a trailer that can hold 10 or 20 cubic yards of rocks. Cubic feet maybe, but 10 or 20 cubic yards is a couple of big dump truck loads, at least. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif My Dakota pickup holds about 2 or 2 1/2 yards when filled level.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #66  
This is a small detail, but don't tell the dealer you want to be pulling a trailer that can hold 10 or 20 cubic yards of rocks. Cubic feet maybe, but 10 or 20 cubic yards is a couple of big dump truck loads, at least. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif My Dakota pickup holds about 2 or 2 1/2 yards when filled level.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #67  
I have a BX 23, would not want to be without it. For cutting grass it is great. For the retaining wall project it will be a back saver with the front loader, just plan on a lot of trips to the dirt pile............but hey more seat time that way. My drive is also paved and uphill from the road, snow is no match with the tractor tires on and 4wd. Also the neighbors around me love it, cause I do their drives too...........more seat time. As for the hoe, YES. 2 stumps becomes, digging for planting new trees, which becomes an ornamental pond, which becomes digging a trench line, which becomes removing a sidewalk, which becomes............you get the idea, you will never run out of things to do with it NOW that you dont have to rent one each time.

You might also consider resale value, Kubota is in the top on this area. I cant speak for the other brands, and all have good and not so good things about them, but this is my second bota, and if when we get our ten acres or more to build our retirement place on, it wont be my last.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #68  
I have a BX 23, would not want to be without it. For cutting grass it is great. For the retaining wall project it will be a back saver with the front loader, just plan on a lot of trips to the dirt pile............but hey more seat time that way. My drive is also paved and uphill from the road, snow is no match with the tractor tires on and 4wd. Also the neighbors around me love it, cause I do their drives too...........more seat time. As for the hoe, YES. 2 stumps becomes, digging for planting new trees, which becomes an ornamental pond, which becomes digging a trench line, which becomes removing a sidewalk, which becomes............you get the idea, you will never run out of things to do with it NOW that you dont have to rent one each time.

You might also consider resale value, Kubota is in the top on this area. I cant speak for the other brands, and all have good and not so good things about them, but this is my second bota, and if when we get our ten acres or more to build our retirement place on, it wont be my last.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #69  
<font color="blue">I wouldn't spend the extra $1500.00 for the BX mower, not for one acre of land. You'd be better off with an inexpensive Sears riding mower for around $900.00. </font>

Well, I certainly would not follow this advice!

After having a number of "riding lawn mowers" over the years, cutting grass with my BX is more of a pleasure than I can express /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif...it is a great mower.

Fuel economy of the diesel as compared to a gas mower is amazing too.

If you end up getting a diesel subcut, get the MMM.

Now if you think removing and installing the MMM will be an issue for you (varies person to person) this could be a reason to go with a lawn tractor type mower.

The more hills and slopes you have to mow, the more valuable the 4x4 capability of the BX or other subcut is, by the way.

NoviceguyInCT, I don't mean to be rude or anything, hope my tone of voice in this post does not come over that way...

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #70  
<font color="blue">I wouldn't spend the extra $1500.00 for the BX mower, not for one acre of land. You'd be better off with an inexpensive Sears riding mower for around $900.00. </font>

Well, I certainly would not follow this advice!

After having a number of "riding lawn mowers" over the years, cutting grass with my BX is more of a pleasure than I can express /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif...it is a great mower.

Fuel economy of the diesel as compared to a gas mower is amazing too.

If you end up getting a diesel subcut, get the MMM.

Now if you think removing and installing the MMM will be an issue for you (varies person to person) this could be a reason to go with a lawn tractor type mower.

The more hills and slopes you have to mow, the more valuable the 4x4 capability of the BX or other subcut is, by the way.

NoviceguyInCT, I don't mean to be rude or anything, hope my tone of voice in this post does not come over that way...