Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe?

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #71  
I have to support the resale info regarding little 'botas. I bought mine for 4200, used it 7 years, and got 4500 on trade-in on an A-plan priced Case. Fuel use was miserly. I could run for many hours on 2 gallons of diesel.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #72  
I have to support the resale info regarding little 'botas. I bought mine for 4200, used it 7 years, and got 4500 on trade-in on an A-plan priced Case. Fuel use was miserly. I could run for many hours on 2 gallons of diesel.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #73  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was wondering what the best little tractor that comes with a front bucket and a rear digging hoe would be? I have about 1-acre of property and need to move around a good amount of dirt, rip out stumps, and do a bunch of other landscapping stuff. I would also like to use it to mow my lawn, unless it's much more cost effective to buy a seperate riding lawn mower for this? )</font>

To answer your original question, I agree with those that recommended the Kubota BX23 or new BX24. Those machines are the perfect size for a 1 acre lot with lots of projects like you mentioned. I'd also recommend spending the money on the mid-mount-mower, as you will spend $1500 on a riding mower with a smaller 42" deck, and have a cheaper, more flimsy machine, and a second machine to maintain. Maintaining and storing a heavy duty 54" or 60" mower deck is much easier than a cheap riding mower that won't last as long as the Kubota mower deck.

One of the things you mentioned is the backhoe, and that is why the BX23 and BX24, and Massey GC2310 are the only machines that fit that bill of all the others mentioned. I've used a Kubota BX22 pretty extensively, and feel that Kubota has put together a great little TLB package, and am thoroughly impressed with the new BX24 - I think Kubota has significantly upped the ante with the new BX series. I'm not as impressed with the MF GC2310, but that is only my personal opinion. You will shell out $16-17k for one of these, but I'd bet after logging 50 hours, you'll be asking yourself why you waited so long to get one.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #74  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was wondering what the best little tractor that comes with a front bucket and a rear digging hoe would be? I have about 1-acre of property and need to move around a good amount of dirt, rip out stumps, and do a bunch of other landscapping stuff. I would also like to use it to mow my lawn, unless it's much more cost effective to buy a seperate riding lawn mower for this? )</font>

To answer your original question, I agree with those that recommended the Kubota BX23 or new BX24. Those machines are the perfect size for a 1 acre lot with lots of projects like you mentioned. I'd also recommend spending the money on the mid-mount-mower, as you will spend $1500 on a riding mower with a smaller 42" deck, and have a cheaper, more flimsy machine, and a second machine to maintain. Maintaining and storing a heavy duty 54" or 60" mower deck is much easier than a cheap riding mower that won't last as long as the Kubota mower deck.

One of the things you mentioned is the backhoe, and that is why the BX23 and BX24, and Massey GC2310 are the only machines that fit that bill of all the others mentioned. I've used a Kubota BX22 pretty extensively, and feel that Kubota has put together a great little TLB package, and am thoroughly impressed with the new BX24 - I think Kubota has significantly upped the ante with the new BX series. I'm not as impressed with the MF GC2310, but that is only my personal opinion. You will shell out $16-17k for one of these, but I'd bet after logging 50 hours, you'll be asking yourself why you waited so long to get one.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe?
what bota did you have?

what bota did you have?

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #77  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( With the projects you mention and the mowing, I PROMISE you that if you were to buy a JD or Sears siae mower to pull a dirt cart, that you would you would regret the purchase. <font color="red"> </font> KUBOTA! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

Not only that, but you may end up in the Emergency Room. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I couldn't afford a CUT for a while and did a bunch of work that was out of the range of my garden tractor and now it has for sure seen better days. It was stuff that had to get done one way or another like hauling rocks, dirt, mulch up and down hills, pulling a heavy lawn roller (well trying to), core areator, and trying to keep some brush cut back with my mower deck. The little gal still runs like a champ, but we both ended up backwards in the dump pit with a load of rocks twice, the brakes are COMPLETELY shot from trying to stop on hills with a cart of mulch or soil, If you forget and put her in 2nd gear, you have to rip the tranny out and pick out some more gear peices before you can mow again. The headlights are busted out from where I used the grill and an apple tree to stop me from sliding down a bank a few times. The hitch is bent up from where my 10 ft3 cart ripped it up flying backwards down a hill and jack knifed. I'm on deck spindle #3 from trying to use it as a bush hog.

I was finally able to afford a CUT a month or so ago, and now Old Yella can finally go back to mowing grass and nothing more. She's a heck of a grass cutter, now that I got her new blades and don't cut brush with her anymore, but she still won't stop on the hills for me. Maybe I should try to find some brake parts for her now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #78  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( With the projects you mention and the mowing, I PROMISE you that if you were to buy a JD or Sears siae mower to pull a dirt cart, that you would you would regret the purchase. <font color="red"> </font> KUBOTA! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

Not only that, but you may end up in the Emergency Room. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I couldn't afford a CUT for a while and did a bunch of work that was out of the range of my garden tractor and now it has for sure seen better days. It was stuff that had to get done one way or another like hauling rocks, dirt, mulch up and down hills, pulling a heavy lawn roller (well trying to), core areator, and trying to keep some brush cut back with my mower deck. The little gal still runs like a champ, but we both ended up backwards in the dump pit with a load of rocks twice, the brakes are COMPLETELY shot from trying to stop on hills with a cart of mulch or soil, If you forget and put her in 2nd gear, you have to rip the tranny out and pick out some more gear peices before you can mow again. The headlights are busted out from where I used the grill and an apple tree to stop me from sliding down a bank a few times. The hitch is bent up from where my 10 ft3 cart ripped it up flying backwards down a hill and jack knifed. I'm on deck spindle #3 from trying to use it as a bush hog.

I was finally able to afford a CUT a month or so ago, and now Old Yella can finally go back to mowing grass and nothing more. She's a heck of a grass cutter, now that I got her new blades and don't cut brush with her anymore, but she still won't stop on the hills for me. Maybe I should try to find some brake parts for her now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

see what is the turning radius of something like the BX23 or BX24? Right now I am debating whether to just get a $1,400 Sears Craftsman 42" riding mower with a 22hp Briggs Intek Twin engine, it has a 16" cutting radius which is great because I have lots of small things to cut around.

Also, my property, without the house is only about 1/2 acre, I checked out my survey.

see what is the turning radius of something like the BX23 or BX24? Right now I am debating whether to just get a $1,400 Sears Craftsman 42" riding mower with a 22hp Briggs Intek Twin engine, it has a 16" cutting radius which is great because I have lots of small things to cut around.

Also, my property, without the house is only about 1/2 acre, I checked out my survey.