Security & Theft best way to electrically prevent theft?

/ best way to electrically prevent theft? #11  
Hmmm, sounds like you may not want to put the tractor in arms way. They want those ATVs and they will do what is needec to get them.

I wonder if you could install lojack on an atv.

/ best way to electrically prevent theft? #12  
I'd put a game cam in a corner and get shots of whoever it is that comes to pick over your stuff. It may not stop them but at least you'd have evidence to take to the police.

/ best way to electrically prevent theft?
The one other thing I have going for me is that the way the ATVs are parked (tight up against the wall), with all of the other stuff in front of them, it takes me 15 minutes USING the tractor to move a tandem axle trailer etc that is blocking their exit.

The security routine is a pain in the a-- but you get used to it.

/ best way to electrically prevent theft? #14  
I bet the average locksmith could customize the ignition switch and key or you could find a compatible alternative ignition switch to install. Won't stop a professional but will addresses the one key fits all issue.

/ best way to electrically prevent theft? #15  
100_1338 (Small).jpg

times 2

Shane

/ best way to electrically prevent theft? #16  
I've used a heavy cable and lock to secure my ATV's in a remote barn. The cable/lock is like the one's Tractor Supply uses to lash down their lawn tractors and equipment. Granted, if the thieves have the right tools they can cut the cable but it would sure help to deter and not be all that expensive.

/ best way to electrically prevent theft? #17  
You could rig a pressure switch under the floor mat or seat which would trigger a very loud horn or alarm. Sure scare the daylights out of the the crooks.

/ best way to electrically prevent theft?
I have considered a motion sensor dog bark!

/ best way to electrically prevent theft? #19  
I have a main fuse that is modified not to work. Just have to switch the good fuse for the dummy. Again a pain, but hopefuly my tractor will be where I left it. I also like the trail camera idea.

/ best way to electrically prevent theft? #20  
Professional alarm with battery back-up with the loudest 2 sirens you can get and flashing lights
Jim
:)