BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time?

/ BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time? #1  

navyjoe

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25 and L2501
Looking to buy the BH77 bachoe to put on my L2501. I already have a BX25D but I want more "Umph" on stumps than the BX25 provides

Some questions:

1. Can you have one person on the backhoe seat and another on the tractor seat to move it along as you dig?

2. Do you have to remove all the 3 point hitch assembly to put on the BH77?

3. Is it worth the $ to have to trade up from the BX25 back hoe to the BH77? I will have to trade-in my 2016 BX25 for a 2019 B2380 with FEL since I don't see the worth of
keeping 2 backhoes. To pull it all off It will cost me about $11,000.

/ BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time?
Yes, Yes. #3 is for you to decide.
Thanks for the yes, yes. As for #3 I'm looking for Your :2cents: opinion to assist in making My decision :laughing:

/ BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time? #4  
You have backhoe work that the BX is incapable of. Stumps can be difficult. If the BH77 is not up to the task then you spent $11K for little to no reason. I do not know enough about the nature of your backhoe chores to advise you. Surely others will come along and take the bait.

/ BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time? #5  
How big are your stumps?

How many do you have?

Is this a one time task, or ongoing?

How tough is your dirt to dig?

Have you priced having someone come in to do it?

Thanks RickB,

The BH77 has about 2x the more power and capability, but I'm aware that there is always one job that requires something bigger, then another , then another, etc.

I have 25 acres and i'm always wanting to tackle another job that I could hire someone else to do, but hiring another is its own brand of hassle. I'm afraid I'm quite often guilty of enjoying doing it myself, when I want to , the way I want to. Besides "Spring is the season of optimism", your philosophy, and its catching!!!

How big are your stumps?

How many do you have?

Is this a one time task, or ongoing?

How tough is your dirt to dig?

Have you priced having someone come in to do it?

Stumps range from 4" to 8". Right now I have about 12 of them and about 200 to go if I live long enough. I'm retired, 74 years young, with 25 acres of farm with a lot of old grown up fence rows and 2000 feet of creek banks and a lot of drainage ditches. Its just an ongoing task that I enjoy before they finally drag me into a nursing home. I could pay someone with a dozer to come in, but I prefer to be more selective!:D:D

Separate wants from needs. If you want it, get it.
Ha, its all wants RickB. Just trying to be as knowledgeable as possible before spending the $$$$

/ BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time? #10  
The 2501 with the BH77 should handle those stumps easily - get a thumb too, and a ripper shank as it will take less soil and pluck out stumps. I cut the 4-8" tree stumps about 2' high and use it like a lever with the bucket flexing back and forth.

Regarding your question on someone driving and someone on BH, is your 2501HST? If so get a pole (like a trash grabber) and move the HST pedal while on the BH seat.