BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time?

/ BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time?
The 2501 with the BH77 should handle those stumps easily - get a thumb too, and a ripper shank as it will take less soil and pluck out stumps. I cut the 4-8" tree stumps about 2' high and use it like a lever with the bucket flexing back and forth.

Regarding your question on someone driving and someone on BH, is your 2501HST? If so get a pole (like a trash grabber) and move the HST pedal while on the BH seat.

Carl thanks for advice. I was definitely planning on the ripper shank but had not considered the thumb. I do indeed leave my stumps with 2 to 3 feet left to push it around with the bucket but I guess you can do a better with having a thumb to grab it with??? Yes its a HST. I love that HST so easy to work with.

/ BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time? #12  
Yes you can use both seats at once. I’ve done it with my previous tractor backhoe. If the tractor has cruise control you can drive forward yourself from the backhoe seat. Yes you have to take the 3 point arms off but it’s pretty easy to do. Stumps are a pretty tall order for a tractor backhoe. I wasn’t happy with my BH-90 so I fixed that problem. In hindsight maybe I over did it. A L45 isn’t a much physically bigger machine but is a much more capable machine than my L3240 was or the 2501 you’re looking at. A L45 will outperform the l2501 by at least double probably more. Even a B26 is probably 50 percent stronger.

Attachments

• IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    962.9 KB · Views: 133
Yes you can use both seats at once. I’ve done it with my previous tractor backhoe. If the tractor has cruise control you can drive forward yourself from the backhoe seat. Yes you have to take the 3 point arms off but it’s pretty easy to do. Stumps are a pretty tall order for a tractor backhoe. I wasn’t happy with my BH-90 so I fixed that problem. In hindsight maybe I over did it. A L45 isn’t a much physically bigger machine but is a much more capable machine than my L3240 was or the 2501 you’re looking at. A L45 will outperform the l2501 by at least double probably more. Even a B26 is probably 50 percent stronger.

Great. Thanks for that input. Really wanted to here from someone who had actually done it. That L45 is a much heaver machine and the extra HP and pump capacity really would make a difference. One thing Im learning about tractors. You always need a bigger one, and more than one! Thanks again.

/ BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time? #14  
I've taken out a lot bigger stumps that I thought I'd be able to with my little one, including about a 12-14" Locust. BUT they had all been dead for several years and the roots were largely rotted. A freshly cut tree might be a different story.

/ BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time? #15  
You could consider going up a size to an MX or a bigger L with a backhoe. I test drove an L2501 with a backhoe. Really nice unit, but still pretty small. If you have a lot of digging, bigger might give you better power still?

You could consider going up a size to an MX or a bigger L with a backhoe. I test drove an L2501 with a backhoe. Really nice unit, but still pretty small. If you have a lot of digging, bigger might give you better power still?

My L2501 is already my "bigger" tractor that I bought to upgrade from my BX25:):):):):):):)

I think there are two main rules about tractors:

1. You always need a bigger one
2: You always need one more

/ BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time? #17  
My L2501 is already my "bigger" tractor that I bought to upgrade from my BX25:):):):):):):)

I think there are two main rules about tractors:

1. You always need a bigger one
2: You always need one more

Ha! Sorry about that, I misread that you already own a L2501. The BH77 does look like a good upgrade, makes sense to not have two BH's.

Your other option is rent one much larger excavator for a week and wreck havoc on stumps.

/ BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time? #18  
Would it not be cheaper to just put the BH77 on the L2501 and keep the BX25D? You could remove the backhoe from the BX25D if you need the smaller loader. I have a NH 1920 with an 8 1/2 foot backhoe and am also looking at an 2501 with the BH77 to replace it with. There are times that I would have liked to have the smaller backhoe as it would have made a few projects easier. Just my opinion, take it for what it is worth. I believe that the BH77 will do what you want especially if you get the stump ripper. The thumb will not pull stumps out of the ground but will be useful for moving them. Bill C

/ BH77 backhoe on L2501 - use both seats at same time? #19  
I had a BX22. TLB. It removed some stumps that were as big as the tractor itself. Certainty not very quickly. Now have a L Series with the BH 77... It's stronger and more capable...but IMO if I were you..I would keep the BX you have and look for a small mini x

Would it not be cheaper to just put the BH77 on the L2501 and keep the BX25D? You could remove the backhoe from the BX25D if you need the smaller loader. I have a NH 1920 with an 8 1/2 foot backhoe and am also looking at an 2501 with the BH77 to replace it with. There are times that I would have liked to have the smaller backhoe as it would have made a few projects easier. Just my opinion, take it for what it is worth. I believe that the BH77 will do what you want especially if you get the stump ripper. The thumb will not pull stumps out of the ground but will be useful for moving them. Bill C
In one sense yes. I thought about over and over. But for about $2,500 more I'm trading in the BX25D and getting a new BX2380 with Quick disconnect FEL and Skid steer Quick attach bucket and the BH77 backhoe and they are going to swap over my 60 inch deck and Canopy from the 25D to the 2380. So I get more features and another new warranty on the BX2380.

I must admit I love the skid steer quick release system. I'll now have it on both tractors!