Blueberries

/ Blueberries #71  
Fruit is setting. I guess we need to wrap the bird netting before they start to snack.
Meanwhile "they're" calling for 13-14" of snow tomorrow here!😅
Not too unusual for March, but this year it'll be the biggest snowfall of the whole season, at least for us.

/ Blueberries #72  
Meanwhile "they're" calling for 13-14" of snow tomorrow here!😅
Not too unusual for March, but this year it'll be the biggest snowfall of the whole season, at least for us.
I've been telling people since the first of rhe month that winter isn't over. Yet even I was starting to like the weather. The lakes aren't safe, the snowsled trails are gone, the roads are muddy and cleaning up is going to be a mess... we got about 6 inches at my house yesterday and they didn't even plow the road.

/ Blueberries
1000001911.jpg

Gone for 10 days due to family issue up north.

Came home to lots of weeds, but berries are turning blue!

/ Blueberries #75  
My buds haven’t even broken out yet 😂
Good anyway, we’re having some nights down to around 27f for a couple days.

/ Blueberries #76  
Berries are nearly full size, and stating to go from green to that pinkish color. Should be ready in about 3 weeks. I have very late bushes; and the actual farms have been picking for a month already.

/ Blueberries #78  
This was 18 days ago. (4-5-24) View attachment 863960
I don't have so much as a leaf showing yet!😖
I can still remember driving through a snow squall sometime in May up above Syracuse my first year there thinking when will the snow stop LOL. Sorry to say, don't really miss it.

Taken this morning at 0630. Should be a pretty good year with the 6 bushes we have.

BLUEBERRIES 4 26 24.jpg

When my dad lived with us, one of his favorite past times was walking out to the garden and picking some blueberries to snack on from the bush. I remember growing up and my parents always talking about a big thing with both their families was going out to woods picking berries and mushrooms.

My father in law made a mean blueberry pie that my boys talked about and missed after he passed away.

Favorite item in the garden we grow, although the tomatoes are pretty darn good. Luckily there are a couple of local farms that have some of the best corn and peaches I've had in a long time.

/ Blueberries #80  
I can still remember driving through a snow squall sometime in May up above Syracuse my first year there thinking when will the snow stop LOL. Sorry to say, don't really miss it.

Taken this morning at 0630. Should be a pretty good year with the 6 bushes we have.

View attachment 864416

When my dad lived with us, one of his favorite past times was walking out to the garden and picking some blueberries to snack on from the bush. I remember growing up and my parents always talking about a big thing with both their families was going out to woods picking berries and mushrooms.

My father in law made a mean blueberry pie that my boys talked about and missed after he passed away.

Favorite item in the garden we grow, although the tomatoes are pretty darn good. Luckily there are a couple of local farms that have some of the best corn and peaches I've had in a long time.
How do you keep the birds away?
We have a hopped raised bed. With the black netting, but because of snow we have to remove it in the winter and have to replace it the next season!

Any one have any suggestions on doing it another way?
IMG_5441.jpeg