Bobcat 120 = CK20 or CK20S ?

/ Bobcat 120 = CK20 or CK20S ? #11  
I visited the local Bobcat dealer this morning and learned a couple of things which are relevant to this discussion.

They are adding a CT122 to their line of compact tractors at a quoted price of $14,042 with loader. That is $500 more than the CT120. The 122 has a 22hp 61.6 ci engine and the 120 a 20hp 56.6 ci engine. Ironically, the 122 has not showed up on their website yet, and the hp listing on their brochure for the CT120 says 21 hp. Perhaps the webmasters aren't tractor savvy like most tractor owners.

Today, my thinking is to buy the Bobcat CT122 from the local dealer who is only 5 miles away. The Kioti dealer is 44 miles away.

Hope to hear from some new owners sometime.

Fuddman

/ Bobcat 120 = CK20 or CK20S ? #12  
How does the price compare between the 2 dealers?
I would think that if the Kioti was cheaper I would go for that because of the warranty unless the warranty is not a big selling point.

/ Bobcat 120 = CK20 or CK20S ? #13  
The difference in price as quoted is $500 more for the Bobcat. However, the distance to the BC dealer is nearly 39 miles closer and the Kioti dealer charges by the loaded mile back ($88) and by the hour for the driver. That could get eat up the difference in price quite quickly. The charges would apply for warranty work, also. BC only charges by the hour for pick up. Otherwise, the difference might persuade me. But it is still a bit longer to go for parts if needed and the BC dealer has been around for awhile and has a good reputation.

Fuddman

Last edited:
   / Bobcat 120 = CK20 or CK20S ? #14  
I got called to supper and lost my thought. The warranty on the BC is not as long as the Kioti. The full warranty is 2 years and the driveline is 3 years. True, not as good as the orange one, but at least adequate I think.

Fuddman

/ Bobcat 120 = CK20 or CK20S ? #15  
efudd said:
The difference in price as quoted is $500 more for the Bobcat. However, the distance to the BC dealer is nearly 39 miles closer and the Kioti dealer charges by the loaded mile back ($88) and by the hour for the driver. That could get eat up the difference in price quite quickly. The charges would apply for warranty work, also. BC only charges by the hour for pick up. Otherwise, the difference might persuade me. But it is still a bit longer to go for parts if needed and the BC dealer has been around for awhile and has a good reputation.

Fuddman

You might want to keep in mind that warranty work doesn't necessarily mean having your tractor hauled to the dealer. My Bobcat dealer's "traveling tech" has made three stops at my location (55 miles from the dealer, 1 way) to do warranty work on my Toolcat. Never incurred any charges. The problems were not serious, though. If the problems were serious enough to require transport back to the dealership I'd probably get nailed.

/ Bobcat 120 = CK20 or CK20S ? #16  
Tractor Rep said:
Is the horsepower rated differently because of gross or Net???

Either way, when I was selling the "Orange version" the CK 20 Hydro was the worst one. The little boxy, and now very unfortunatley discontinued LB1914,, was a superior tractor in every aspect, except in the ease of getting off & on ( it was a little tight and a very utility in design).

I found the CK 20 H was a complete disappointment in over all value simply because it was a complete gutless wonder and performed inadequately for most of my clients. Generally pulling a 42 inch light duty brush mower up various grades and hills. The CK 20 gear was a little better. They are great in concept, but in my opinion even producing a brochure to present to prospective buyers is just a celebration of something somewhat what less then tractor mediocrity.

For myself I would not buy a CK 20,with either name on it... But the 25's & 30's really are a super good product for the average home owner

Do you have the same opinion for the 22's Bobcat?

/ Bobcat 120 = CK20 or CK20S ? #17  
We are looking for the Bobcat CT122... but financing is worst than the little Massey (0%-60 months) and the Bobcat dealer is so far from us (about 3 hours)... If, there's something wrong with the tractor, will he come at home so far for minor things that I can't repair?

There's $2784. difference between there two tractors... One is sub-compact and the others seems to be the top, so what should we do?

/ Bobcat 120 = CK20 or CK20S ? #18  
Fredartic said:
We are looking for the Bobcat CT122... but financing is worst than the little Massey (0%-60 months) and the Bobcat dealer is so far from us (about 3 hours)... If, there's something wrong with the tractor, will he come at home so far for minor things that I can't repair?

That's a question for your dealer, but if you're willing to pay, I'll bet they'll go anywhere.

Fredartic said:
There's $2784. difference between there two tractors... One is sub-compact and the others seems to be the top, so what should we do?

It depends what you want the tractor for. Originally I looked at the Kubota BX24 and the MF 2310. Between them, the BX24 was, at least for my needs, the better tractor. When I started to look really closely at the BX24, I felt it was too small (Without the FEL and BH, it wasn't much more then my current riding mower). I then looked at something a little bigger and I ended up looking at a Kubota B series, TYM 273 and the Kioti CK20. I did peek at the Bobcat too. From there, it come down to the TYM and Kioti. I threw the Bobcat out because I didn't like the color and it was just a Kioti in white, and the Kubota was out too. The Kubota because it just didn't have the FEL lift rating I wanted.

I ended up with the CK20S HST. The reason I didn't go TYM was because, when I was ready to buy, I was contacted by a Kioti dealer 1st. That made my decision easy because I was worried about TYM as a company and their dealer network. I spoke with one dealer that dropped them because of lack of support from TYM, he was on the west coast, and my local TYM's dealer was just bad and new to the tractor business. I don't expect them to carry TYMs or any tractor for much longer.

As for my opinion on the Kioti CK20S, which is the same as the Bobcat CT122, I love it. That is except for HI gear. With the FEL and BH attached, it's not usable, and LOW is really to slow for anything other then working.

Kioti need to either reduce the HI gear so it has a top speed of maybe 7mph, so it's more like a MID gear, or just add a MID gear. This way it would be usable.

/ Bobcat 120 = CK20 or CK20S ? #19  
HI!

here we go, I just bought my tractor; it's a cat, the cat ct-122 :D

I gonna have it in around 3-4 weeks.

We are very excited!

I'll keep you informed.

/ Bobcat 120 = CK20 or CK20S ? #20  
Fredartic said:
HI!

here we go, I just bought my tractor; it's a cat, the cat ct-122 :D

I gonna have it in around 3-4 weeks.

We are very excited!