Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #11  
I have no idea what the specs on the Bobcat CT120 are, but just find a comparable Deere tractor, and get the Deere instead. When it comes to tractors, there is probably no comparison between the two brands. Deere is known for making the highest quality tractors out there. Bobcat might be good too, but with Deere you know you are getting the best quality out there.

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #12  
Raptor53 said:
I have no idea what the specs on the Bobcat CT120 are, but just find a comparable Deere tractor, and get the Deere instead. When it comes to tractors, there is probably no comparison between the two brands. Deere is known for making the highest quality tractors out there. Bobcat might be good too, but with Deere you know you are getting the best quality out there.
That has got to be the most un-biased opinion I have ever heard. :D Who cares if you pay more for less tractor, lower capacities, tighter ergonomics, less warranty, and more expensive parts and service. As long as it's green!:D

I looked at John Deere before my purchase and they are out pricing the value of their tractors, at least up here in New England they are. With the money I saved with my Kioti over the JD, I was able to get a heated cab and snowblower extra and still pay less. 350 hrs so far and no problems or regrets, this tractor is amazing for it's size. For Bobcat to place it's reputation on the line and resell a Korean made tractor, you know they made sure they used a very high quality tractor and that's what you get with Kioti.

Last edited:
   / Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #13  
I think the part where he says:
"I have no idea what the specs on the Bobcat CT120 are"
Should be a clue.
With Deere you do not know WHAT you are getting, Yanmar ? Mitsi? Chineese ? how knows ?
The Bobcat/Kioti are PROVEN tractors, Pay 50% more and go with an unknown such as Deere ? Nah !

Slack

Raptor53 said:

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #14  
Get the Bobcat/Kioti. It is way more tractor than 2305 and even the 2320. The Bobcat would probably break the 2305 in half if you hooked them up.

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #15  
Slackdaddy said:
I think the part where he says:
"I have no idea what the specs on the Bobcat CT120 are"
Should be a clue.
With Deere you do not know WHAT you are getting, Yanmar ? Mitsi? Chineese ? how knows ?
The Bobcat/Kioti are PROVEN tractors, Pay 50% more and go with an unknown such as Deere ? Nah !

Slack

I guess it's all in a name. I mean honestly, in the last 24hrs. there have been two threads asking for thoughts, info, opinions on Bobcat CUTS from interested potential buyers. When in reality the tractors have been out in the work place for sometime. However, when they were just "Kiotis" not many people would give them a look. Now that they say Bobcat people are willing to stick their wallets out their . . . based on name recognition alone.

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #16  
With the exception of the loader, the Kioti and Bobcat tractors are the same. One of the dealers here was at the Kioti factory and has pictures, and posted them in the Kioti forum, of Orange and White machines coming down the same assembly line. In my area the Deere's cost more than the Kioti/BC cousins. Deere offers some features that K/BC don't offer, for me they just were not worth the price. You can't really go wrong with either of the 3 machines. You need to get some seat time on all the machines you are considering. You will be spending hrs there.. you need to be comfortable. That is what turned me off to the 'other orange' machine.. I was just not comfortable on it. I have a friend who can't stand the ergo's of my Kioti.. you need to get what is comfortable for you. Next up for consideration.. is the dealer, are you comfortable with the dealer? Chances are you will be owning this tractor for a long time... you need to be comfortable with the dealer and their support as it will be a long term 'relationship'. For a variety of reasons, Deere machines do hold their value longer than a K/BC machine, but I have no plans on selling any time soon... so that is not a factor for me... but it is something to consider.
Have fun looking... get as much seat time as you can BEFORE you buy. We will all be happy to spend your money for you. :)

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #17  
Well I looked at a lot of tractor brands over the last year, and IMO, I came to the following conclusions:

Highest quality = Deere

Best ergonomics = Deere

Highest resale value (not that I plan on ever selling my tractor) = Deere

Best parts availability = Deere

Best dealer network = Deere

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #18  
Raptor53 said:
Well I looked at a lot of tractor brands over the last year, and IMO, I came to the following conclusions:

Highest quality = Deere

Best ergonomics = Deere

Highest resale value (not that I plan on ever selling my tractor) = Deere

Best parts availability = Deere

Best dealer network = Deere
So what model Deere did you buy?

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #19  

The small deere's (2000's) are all built by yanmar and they have built almost all of them for the last 30 years. So I know they are unproven. It's only been 30 years. I glad there are alot Deere and Kioti lovers in here. Bobcat version of the Kioti has been around almost 12 months. That is a proven tractor. Take this with a grain of salt but my conversation with the Bobcat rep. at a trade show in AC said that they broke numerous things in testing and that Kioti has fixed most them. He also said they are getting better but still not where they want to be yet. I think the Bobcat/ Kioti relationship will only help Kioti with there quality even better than it is now. Plus it will double the size of there dealer network and give them credability in the construction market which has been dominated by Kubota. On the other hand it is tough to trust a company that refuses to take their tractor to an independent test facility to verify specs. NH, MF, CASE/IH, JD all do. I think I would drive both tractors and see which one suits your need the best and go with it. From my dealings with Bobcat they seem to be a stand up company.

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #20  
AchingBack said:
So what model Deere did you buy?
Good one,LOL.I am sure raptor 53 will get back with us soon and let us know what deere model he has bought.HE HE !!