Boomer 25

/ Boomer 25 #21  
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who finds the HST pedal awkward. (if the new 25 has the same as the 05 33)
I thought it was my size...

/ Boomer 25 #22  
I received an email from my dealer that I will be refund my money Tuesday, may 29, 2012.

I loved my first New Holland I bought and I so wanted a new New Holland tractor. But this Boomer 25/20 is really disappointing.

1. If your dealership has a Boomer 25/20, ask for a PTO demonstration. Make sure they hook the tractor up to a shredder.. See if the PTO engagement is violent or not.

2. The cable from the battery to the starter, half the tractors are missing a grommet or spacer that is to keep the cable from hitting the frame and arcing.. Ask dealership to check the cable.

3. No horn....older models had one and it was fun to use with children and the dog.

4. No easy way to connect anything electrical. I have a 25 gallon pull behind spray rig and my old tractor had a cigarette adapter I could plug into. This is an important feature of convenience to me.

5. The pedal for forward and backward is weird. I don't like it. I need to lean back over the seat sometimes when I am backing up and now it is very hard to push down on the reverse side of the pedal when I am leaning backwards over the seat. My old tractor the HST pedals were side by side. I loved it. I could quickly and easily move the top of my foot left or right to whichever pedal I needed for forward or reverse. And I can control the speed better with the tips of my toes. Now I have to use my heel to do the reverse and this forces me to push down with my leg and I can not control the speed. My 3 year old rides with me and sometimes when I reverse I slam reverse and my son launches toward the steering wheel. With the other pedal combination I use tips of my toes like in a car and I can control how slow or fast I wish to reverse and it is never jumpy or in question how fast I will reverse.

6. The hood is horrible. I do maintenance on my tractor and this hood makes it very difficult to do the basic maintenance. Pop the hood and just take the dipstick out and put it back in. Awkward......

7. I miss having handles on either side of my seat. The Boomer 25/20 only has one on left side. Sometimes you are on a slope (example a ditch) and it helps to have handles to hold on too.

8. The levers rub me when I get off the tractor. My pants/shorts sometimes get stuck.

these are things I am now looking for in the next tractor I buy.

I tried so hard to get New Holland to let me design their next tractor, but I could not get one call back. LOL..... I am kidding.

I hope I am a help to someone looking to buy a compact tractor.

take care,

/ Boomer 25 #23  
I am lucky that I bought a Boomer 1030 a couple of years ago to the addition of my TC55DA. It doesn't have any problems you discribe. I love my 2 Boomers I've got, those gave me excellent service, reliability and fuel economy thus far. I had a good look at the new Boomer line and right now, there is not one Boomer from New Holland that I would be inclined to buy.

/ Boomer 25 #24  
Un -believe-able, electric pto clutch on a farm tractor. Unless it has a variable voltage engagement, which would work for a mower deck.
I like some of the features on the new boomers, the wheel size, what looks like a lot heavier drive train & 3 pt hook up. I don't like the hs pedal & the fuel tank location. I haven't seen an of the new models with a loader & mower deck on them yet. If the dealer said it had an electric pto, I'd have to say, nice tractor, but not for me.
I'll keep my older boomer 25.

/ Boomer 25 #25  
I as well own an older new Holland tractor. I have a 2004 NH TZ24DA. I used to tell people it was the only payment I was happy to pay each month. I so loved my NH tractor. But the new Boomer 25/20 are horrible. New Holland spoiled me in the past and now I feel like they are trying to trick me.
someone mentioned fuel efficiency. The boomer 25 I put 45 hrs on the tractor and was not happy with the fuel efficiency but I raked it up to I had not broken tractor in yet. I don't how to measure fuel efficiency but I know I was filling it more than I was used to with my TZ24. But I was mowing a lot faster, so I figured it was a fair trade-off.

/ Boomer 25 #26  
its known, but its worth pointing out here... the new Boomer series tractors are built by LS, not ISM/Shibaru like all the old ones. They are vastly different machines and a step backwards in refinement, but they are also less expensive... which was the goal.

/ Boomer 25 #27  
It would be nice to know if the refund did indeed come through, and if there has been anymore statements from NH in regards to the immediate correction of these problems? As I believe without corrective action, the purchase of the Boomer 25 should remain on indefinite hold.

/ Boomer 25 #28  
I'm still wondering how this guy made out with his refund on the tractor he purchased and if NH has done anything about the pto problems with the Boomer 25? Does anyone have an answer to these two questions by chance? Thanks

/ Boomer 25 #29  
It would be nice to know if the refund did indeed come through, and if there has been anymore statements from NH in regards to the immediate correction of these problems? As I believe without corrective action, the purchase of the Boomer 25 should remain on indefinite hold.

my local dealership refunded me my purchase price. I am very happy with my local dealership. I am so disappointed in CNH the corporation. NH has a fix for the tractor now but they only fix it if the customer points out the problem.

/ Boomer 25 #30  
I found a LS J2030 for $11,900 with FNL. If it has no PTO issues I think I will buy it.

I want a Kubota b2920 but it is $12900 without a FNL or MMM.

I am sorry to give a bad review of NH. I love my NH DEALERSHIP and I am so upset they don't have a tractor that fits my needs.