Bought the Wife a Droid

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #11  
Yeah, I went from a blackberry to an iPhone for my work phone... What you can do with android or apple devices still amazes me!

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #12  
Well I'm glad you like your smart phones...but I'm sticking to my dumb phone. HEHE

Heck, id get a rotary dial cell phone if i could find one.

I personally hate whats happening to everyone and their %$#@ phones these days. Go into a restaurant and no one is talking at the tables. There all playing farmville or texting or whatever.

You guys can have it.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #13  
I have a Motorola Android Pro and it's starting to annoy me. Most people cannot understand me when talking on it, and the browser keeps locking up ever since it was upgraded about a month ago. I've never been a fan of motorolla, so now I'm leaning towards the Samsung Droid. I'm still thinking, but that seems to be the direction I'm leaning.

Congrats on your new phone.

Eddie

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #14  
grsthegreat said:
Well I'm glad you like your smart phones...but I'm sticking to my dumb phone. HEHE

Heck, id get a rotary dial cell phone if i could find one.

I personally hate whats happening to everyone and their %$#@ phones these days. Go into a restaurant and no one is talking at the tables. There all playing farmville or texting or whatever.

You guys can have it.

Believe it or not, I'm with you. I like my phone, but I use it on my terms... It's off during meals at home, I would never answer it at a restaurant, and I'm not the guy walking through a store yapping on my Bluetooth!

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #15  
Gotta use them as a tool, not a crutch...
David from jax

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #16  
and I'm not the guy walking through a store yapping on my Bluetooth!

oh man... don't get me started on those things. It used to be only the mentally ill talked to themselves. Now i cant tell them from anyone else HEHE.

God how i hate those cockroach things people put into their ears. My phone sits on my truck seat thru the day and i check it about 4 times per day. It never goes into a restaurant or at the table during dinner.

When i had employees i banned the use of cell phones while they were working (cept for emergency calls or family check in after school.) I wasn't paying them to text their GF during work.

I did try my friends droid phone while looking up some info on LED exit lights during break time a month ago or so.... couldn't read a ^%%# thing on that small screen. He showed me how to enlarge it and scroll up,down,left,right......could not follow what the heck i was reading. Never mind, i handed it back to him and I called the MFG on the phone and got it straightened out.

I guess thats why these nutters now days carry around those ipads to browse the internet.... you know those small (ya right) pocket sized (ya right) monsters . I guess all new shirts will come with 10" wide x 16" deep pockets soon :mad: :mad: :mad:

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #17  
I've had a Samsung Galaxy S for a little over a year. It has replaced my PC for the most part, wouldn't trade down for anything.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #18  
I was at the phone store tonite doing some business. I personally like my smart phones and what they can do for the most part.

HOWEVER.... There are a LOT of people who need to learn a little about phone manners and courtesy. I'm guessing though, that those same folks have courtesy issues in other parts of the life too...

You guys can have it.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #19  
I like the small size of my "dumb" phone. I always have it in my pocket so I seldom miss any calls or forget to bring it with me.
I am afraid of smart phones because I couldn't easily get it in my pocket (so it would not always be with me) and I think I would hate the cost of the data plans. Also have to be careful with them or buy insurance. At my daughter's university, there were several gangs that were just grabbing the phones out of girls hands and running away with them. They can cost $600 to replace if they are lost.

How much do the data plans cost if you use them to search the web but don't download music or video? My daughter's data plan was only $30/month, but I hear stories of $90/month.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #20  
I have a Motorola Android Pro and it's starting to annoy me. Most people cannot understand me when talking on it, and the browser keeps locking up ever since it was upgraded about a month ago. I've never been a fan of motorolla, so now I'm leaning towards the Samsung Droid. I'm still thinking, but that seems to be the direction I'm leaning.

Congrats on your new phone.

Eddie

Eddie,
Research the battery life before you buy. My wife has Samsung. The one with the touch screen. It is great but battery life is a joke. She has it for a while so they might be better now.