Bought the Wife a Droid

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #31  
I recently read that a smart phone has more computer power then the Apollo rockets that went to the moon. That just amazes me.

Eddie

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #32  
Forgot about that. Friend showed me that and loaded it the second day I had my phone. I have "Advanced Task Killer".

My SIL showed me that my iPhone had almost all the apps running at the same time in the background and showed me how to stop them and they just had an update to address the battery problem also.

My battery is great now I can get 3-4 days out of it the way I use it fwtw.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #33  
Forgot about that. Friend showed me that and loaded it the second day I had my phone. I have "Advanced Task Killer".

Is that an ap that I can download to stop programs from running in the background? I think I'm good right now, but don't know for sure. How do you know what's running?

Eddie

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #34  
   / Bought the Wife a Droid #35  
On the iPhone you double tap the "on" button at bottom of the phone and the apps will be listed all across the bottom.

Then all you do is hold on one of them and a red negative sign will appear in the upper left corner of all of them. Touch the red negative to close that app and so on. hth

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #36  
I recently read that a smart phone has more computer power then the Apollo rockets that went to the moon. That just amazes me.

Eddie

In fact it has more computing power than big IBM mainframe 40 or so year ago. The difference is the IO capacity. IO=input/output devices such as terminals and printers. MF computer required airconditioned building and quite large number of people to run it.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #37  
In fact it has more computing power than big IBM mainframe 40 or so year ago. The difference is the IO capacity. IO=input/output devices such as terminals and printers. MF computer required airconditioned building and quite large number of people to run it.

Just wait till the Virtual holographic projections come out. We are already looking at bend-able displays using flexible organic light-emitting diodes. IR projections are happening now for keyboards.

The miniaturization of technology introduced into the commercial space is a m a z i n g.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #38  
Task killers are of no use. Go into your settings and see what uses battery. Very little of it is tasks, running or not. Verizon even recommends you not run a task killer.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #39  
The biggest power hog is the radio and the display followed by the processor. My wife's old Motorola or Nokia used to last two weeks between charges or 7 to 10 hours of talk time. Her new Samsung is great but it has to be charged daily.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #40  
Having Bluetooth, WiFi, and location services (aka GPS) turned off will help decrease the drain on the battery.