Brake Controller suggestions

/ Brake Controller suggestions #31  
I would guess that the pressure sensor, being such a simple device, is much more reliable that all the complex inertia sensing gizmos needed in wired units. If safety is such a concern for you, wouldn't you rather have a brake controller that has a more accurate means of sensing what you, the driver is requesting? I am betting the stopping distances are shortest on this type of system.

VS the inertia sensing "gizmos" needed for the stability control for the truck's computer? You do realize that the factory Ford brake controller is made by Tekonsha right? It's their firmware that Ford uses. On the newer F series trucks I would agree that the factory controller is the way to go. They are cheap to buy new on eBay and the only pain is having to have your dealer flash the trucks computer.

/ Brake Controller suggestions #32  
VS the inertia sensing "gizmos" needed for the stability control for the truck's computer? You do realize that the factory Ford brake controller is made by Tekonsha right? It's their firmware that Ford uses. On the newer F series trucks I would agree that the factory controller is the way to go. They are cheap to buy new on eBay and the only pain is having to have your dealer flash the trucks computer.

I didn't know who made them but agree they are the best. Does anyone know the source for the input on the ford factory unit? Hydraulic pressure, inertia, or something else?

/ Brake Controller suggestions #33  
I didn't know who made them but agree they are the best. Does anyone know the source for the input on the ford factory unit? Hydraulic pressure, inertia, or something else?

It has a pressure sensor in the master cylinder. Works off of pressure so its a truly proportional system.

Chris

/ Brake Controller suggestions #34  
It has a pressure sensor in the master cylinder. Works off of pressure so its a truly proportional system.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I figured it was just wasn't sure and the actual location is a bonus.

/ Brake Controller suggestions #35  

Chris

I could be wrong but I thought I read that they were going to move the pressure sensor to the antilock brake unit. Not that it makes a difference.

/ Brake Controller suggestions #36  
I could be wrong but I thought I read that they were going to move the pressure sensor to the antilock brake unit. Not that it makes a difference.

It may be. I know om my 06 & my uncles 05 its at the master cylinder. I will check my dad 2011 sometime.

Chris