Buying Advice Branson 2400/2800

/ Branson 2400/2800 #31  
Hear you on that. One of my new tasks is figuring how to mount/dismount. I am tall enough to step in from the ground but unless the range selector is in N or L it is in the way. I pushed the seat all the way back after I bought it and found out it was at mid position when I bought it and was ok for driving, it made everything a lot easier. Can't believe this little sucker has room for a 6'5, 250# gun to have plenty of room for legs and all. Even enough room for me to swing my right leg over the steering wheel which makes exiting a breeze. Getting in, stepping on the floor and then on over to the seat works fine too even with my size 13's.

/ Branson 2400/2800 #32  
On the dash lights and all, I didn't get right back but here's what I found. Moving all the controls available to the operator, on a 2400 gear shift unit I found that the emergency/parking is the only moving part with a mounted switch. There is no wiring to the switch. I did not go to the trouble of removing and investigating what's behind the instrument panel as that would be a futile effort with no sensors to send signals.

As far as driving around with the brake on, you need to remember that this is a 20hp(gear shift model) PTO tractor and you don't have that much power available unless you are on a steel troweled concrete floor......now how do you think I know that???? Buttt I did it before I did what I am "fixin" to say: If you set the brake per the manual, you push in on the foot pedals and THEN pull up on the brake handle. Makes a whopping big difference. Tractor won't move and you will easily know to release the brake.