Branson 5 - Kioti 0

/ Branson 5 - Kioti 0 #21  
Re: 0% Financing on Branson

There is hardly a diesel pickup or truck on the road today without a turbo. They seem to be very reliable. Under a hard load, a turbo'd engine will produce lower exhaust gas temps than a non-turbo. Diesels love air, the denser the better.

Branson's seem to be selling well everywhere. We sold 3 3510/BL10's in the last 4 business days. In speaking with Branson last week, their sales have skyrocketed.

It's a great product backed by a great company. It will only get better from here.

/ Branson 5 - Kioti 0

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The 3520's frame is not different from the 3510's, save for a couple of spacers to make the wheelbase longer and to give the tractor a wider stance. )</font>

I have a complete set of Kukje manuals for the entire Branson line (came with my tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, along with a Branson hat /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif). The parts manual shows different numbers for the frames. The 3520 weighs an additional 198 lbs, so there seems to be a little more steel there somewhere.

Also, according to the info I have, the 3510 will only mount the BL10 loader which can't lift as much as the BL20.

The service manual also contains this oddity:

3520 35 HP, 33 PTO HP
3510 35 HP, 23 PTO HP

I assume it's a typo even though it's repeated in several places, as the engines are otherwise identical.

SnowRidge

/ Branson 5 - Kioti 0

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There is hardly a diesel pickup or truck on the road today without a turbo. )</font>

I've been told that is mainly because they can't meet emission requirements without the blower. That came from the guy who taught a night vo-tech "diesel school" I took a few years back. His day job was foreman of a giant utility's heavy vehicle repair shop.

SnowRidge

/ Branson 5 - Kioti 0 #24  

The spec sheets I looked at show the 3520 weighing 432 lbs more than the 3510 (3762 vs. 3330). Since they have the same engine, I was assuming that it's in the frame.

/ Branson 5 - Kioti 0 #25  

The Century specs I have show only #130 difference between the 2535 and 3035. As I understand it there is a 4" spacer between the engine and bellhousing, thus the 4" difference in wheelbase. There's also a spacer on the front axle knuckle to give a wider track on front. The frame is 4" longer, but not heavier metal. The tire sizes account for the differences in height and ground clearance and the wheelbase the difference in turning radius. In the other post, I'm sure the 23 hp is a typo. Century again gives different specs for the same unit. 37 HP gross, 35, net, 31 PTO - go figure! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Pacesetter

/ Branson 5 - Kioti 0 #26  
Re: Weight difference 3520 vs 3510

Wait a second! The weights I gave earlier were from the Branson web site.

The spec sheets I picked up at the dealer show the 3510 as weighing 3030 lbs, or 732 lbs less than the 3520 at 3762 lbs! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Which is correct, and where is the weight coming from?

/ Branson 5 - Kioti 0 #27  

Pacesetter is right about how the frames differ. The spacers weigh a bit, as do the tires, which are larger on the 3520. From all I was able to glean from various sources and inquiries, the 3520 weighs a bit over 3700 pounds, about 200# more than the 3510. What can I say? They make great tractors but the literature is lacking. The 3510 and 20 have exactly the same engines and exactly the same pto hp. Oh yes, and Snowridge is right about the Bl20 only fitting the 3520 (that's one of the reasons for the spacers--to accomodate the bigger loader).

/ Branson 5 - Kioti 0

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The spec sheets I picked up at the dealer show the 3510 as weighing 3030 lbs, or 732 lbs less than the 3520 at 3762 lbs! Which is correct, and where is the weight coming from? )</font>

Well, the service manual says 3520 3762 lbs, 3510 same as the 2810 at 3654 lbs.

OK, I've got the 3520. Someone else is going to have to get the 3510 and the equivalent Centurys (no C50 loaders please, that would throw this thing off).

Once we have at least one example of each, we'll all have to meet somewhere and have a weigh-off. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SnowRidge

/ Branson 5 - Kioti 0 #29  

Got mine from the Century brochure. Shows the 2535 at #3640 and the 3035 at #3770. The 3045 is #3890 and shows an additional 2" wheelbase at 71" The #3030 weight for the 3510 just doesn't sound right. Smaller tires and lack of a 4" spacer can't account for that much weight difference! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anybody seen a service manual? I hope they translate better that Kioti's! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Pacesetter

/ Branson 5 - Kioti 0 #30  

That would surely solve the problem, but who the heck has a scale that big? I know--we can have a convoy to the nearest truck weigh-in station! Pacesetter--having looked at both tractors very carefully, and having called everyone I could about the weights, I'm confident the difference between the 3510 and 3520 is marginal.